User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default Dow Briefly Hits 10,000, then goes back under, what will happen next?

The Dow hit 10,000 today, and it's possible it might hit it a second time; what does everybody think? What do you predict will happen by year end?
    Love is the point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I have been predicting, and all my usually sources of info about the economy and other politcal issues have been predicting another crash will come. Roubini also came out with the same prediction. I can sit here all day and tell you the future, but nobody has a memory any better than a goldfish, and I am too lazy to constantly remind people when I've been proven right (or wrong, rarely).

In the very near term there will be big commercial real estate issues, in the longer term (less than 5 years) is inflation and the collapse of our dollar with it being usurped as the global reserve currency. That will cripple the people of this country and the economy.

MBTI
    enfp

doesn't matter

i predict by year end, everyone unemployed will be looking for part time jobs at Wal Mart for Christmas sales.

MBTI
    INTP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    doesn't matter

i predict by year end, everyone unemployed will be looking for part time jobs at Wal Mart for Christmas sales.
    And then those part time jobs will be swiftly cut upon year's end -_- . They will also be hesitant to hire a lot of people, they'll just shift around hours. At the end of the day, all giant retail chains are moving towards systems that better utilize the tools they call employees (actually, vise versa ) by reducing the number of hours for everyone such that nobody is making any real money.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Good news. Though since the stock market is a leading indicator, we'll still see high unemployment lag behind as the recovery continues. It will probably top out at 10% before it goes back down.

However, the financial industry has been going back to doing a lot of the activities that got us in the recession in the first place, so to avoid this happening again, we need new regulations.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Good news. Though since the stock market is a leading indicator, we'll still see high unemployment lag behind as the recovery continues. It will probably top out at 10% before it goes back down.

However, the financial industry has been going back to doing a lot of the activities that got us in the recession in the first place, so to avoid this happening again, we need new regulations.

Or we could, you know, let people who screw up fail and go out of business, rather than steal taxpayer money to prop themselves up.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Fuck the DOW. The top 30 companies can kiss my arse, since they reveal close to nothing about a healthy economy or workforce.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't think the stock market is an indicator of anything right now.

Well, since they've received trillions from the government, why wouldn't they? The government is trying to get people to spend-spend-spend again, when that's what got us into the mess in the first place.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Or we could, you know, let people who screw up fail and go out of business, rather than steal taxpayer money to prop themselves up.
    A recession with bailouts is always better than a depression with no bailouts.