User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 26

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Good news. Though since the stock market is a leading indicator, we'll still see high unemployment lag behind as the recovery continues. It will probably top out at 10% before it goes back down.

    However, the financial industry has been going back to doing a lot of the activities that got us in the recession in the first place, so to avoid this happening again, we need new regulations.
    Stock market doesn't reliably indicate shit about the state of the state of the economy.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Fuck the DOW. The top 30 companies can kiss my arse, since they reveal close to nothing about a healthy economy or workforce.
    Thank you.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    A recession with bailouts is always better than a depression with no bailouts.
    A DEPRESSION (by the time this is all over, I'm 80% sure economists will go back and reinterpret the economic data and classify it as a depression) with no bailouts is better than a depression with bailouts, hyperinflation, and a currency collapse.

  3. #13
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    A DEPRESSION (by the time this is all over, I'm 80% sure economists will go back and reinterpret the economic data and classify it as a depression) with no bailouts is better than a depression with bailouts, hyperinflation, and a currency collapse.
    dude

    hyperinflation - no way. possibly inflation in 3-5 years. but HYPERINFLATION???? (whatever site is telling you this, that person needs puppets, and you became one)

    currency collapse - not for a while, but there's been some chipping away at the dollar's super status

    bailouts - politicians will line washington DC first, before applying the money efficiently. but what can u really do about that? nothing. lots of poeple been moving to DC for jobs and to line their own pockets too.

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    dude

    hyperinflation - no

    currency collapse - not for a while, but there's been some chipping away at the dollar's super status

    bailouts - politicians will line washington DC first, before applying the money efficiently. but what can u really do about that? nothing.
    We shall wait to prove you wrong, most likely, again. However, hyper, by the texbook definition, inflation may really be staved off depending how people act in the future.

  5. #15
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    A DEPRESSION (by the time this is all over, I'm 80% sure economists will go back and reinterpret the economic data and classify it as a depression) with no bailouts is better than a depression with bailouts, hyperinflation, and a currency collapse.
    Aren't you suppose to be in the woods chasing squirrels for food right now? I thought you were going to be a survivalist.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Aren't you suppose to be in the woods chasing squirrels for food right now? I thought you were going to be a survivalist.
    I haven;t been able to do that, because Obama hasn't been creating any jobs.

  7. #17
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    We shall wait to prove you wrong, most likely, again. However, hyper, by the texbook definition, inflation may really be staved off depending how people act in the future.
    but if u believe that "hyper"inflation is dependent on consumer behavior, how can you say "HYPERINFLATION" like you know FOR SURE its going to happen? Do you know for sure how consumers will behave??? No one does man. Do you really think there's gonna be HYPERINFLATION if people don't have jobs??? Who is going to be spending money on gas driving it up to 10 bucks a gallon, if they got no job to go to??? and everyone's driving prius?

    So, basically, you're a puppet then. Hey we're all puppets at some point. No big deal.

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    but if u believe that "hyper"inflation is dependent on consumer behavior, how can you say "HYPERINFLATION" like you know FOR SURE its going to happen? Do you know for sure how consumers will behave??? No one does man. Do you really think there's gonna be HYPERINFLATION if people don't have jobs??? Who is going to be spending money on gas driving it up to 10 bucks a gallon, if they got no job to go to??? and everyone's driving prius?

    So, basically, you're a puppet then. Hey we're all puppets at some point. No big deal.
    With the current trends ahead for the currency due to our retardedly stupid democrat spending that started with Bush, the trends pointing towards currency inflation are grim, and point towards serious, if not hyper, inflation. it depends on how fast things move/collapse. That depends on the decisions of everyone in the white house and of the other countries which are pushing to oust or dollar. One can always predict trends as well as cause and effect, but you cannot always predict what decisions people will make. You can, however, judge their behavior (thereby looking at it as a "trend"), and predict the LIKELIHOOD of what actions they will take. It's a probability.

  9. #19
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    With the current trends ahead for the currency due to our retardedly stupid democrat spending that started with Bush, the trends pointing towards currency inflation are grim, and point towards serious, if not hyper, inflation. it depends on how fast things move/collapse. That depends on the decisions of everyone in the white house and of the other countries which are pushing to oust or dollar. One can always predict trends as well as cause and effect, but you cannot always predict what decisions people will make.
    I see zero argument for hyperinflation. And I think you mean currency devaluation rather than currency inflation. Which isn't exactly the same thing.

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    I see zero argument for hyperinflation. And I think you mean currency devaluation rather than currency inflation. Which isn't exactly the same thing.
    Both.

Similar Threads

  1. The $10,000 Puzzle
    By Jonny in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:23 AM
  2. INTP guy says hi (and goes back to lurking)
    By dorcus0 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 02:29 PM
  3. Count to 10,000
    By BlackCat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 07:52 PM
  4. "10,000 B.C."...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO