User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 97

  1. #61
    mountain surfing nomadic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    If I were a citizen someplace else, I'd be pretty ticked at the US for the CDS Ponzi scheme that flattened the global economy.
    srsly

    the entire reason europes economy was seen as being "worse" than the US during the height of the crisis was because europe bought more US collateralized mortgages than the US did.

  2. #62
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    If I were a citizen someplace else, I'd be pretty ticked at the US for the CDS Ponzi scheme that flattened the global economy.
    We are the only economy in the Developed World that has not gone into recession.

    In fact we have been growing non stop for the last 19 years. And at the moment we are preparing our economy for the next boom by raising, I repeat, raising interest rates.

    The Asian Meltdown didn't flatten us. The Dot Com collapse didn't flatten us. And the CDS Ponzi Scheme didn't flatten us.

    We are happy with our American cousins, so much so we have just signed a Free Trade Agreement with them.

    Welcome aboard.

  3. #63
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    With 0.6% of growth, there's nothing to brag about, my dear Victor.

    Furthermore, Australia's economy is a particular case amongst developed countries, mainly because it has (almost) no industry, and is almost entirely based on agriculture and ore exports.

    And while the world may not need expensive cars anymore, il will always be dependent of food and ore, especially rising economies like China and India.

    Somehow, Australia's economy is very similarly structured to the Russian one, but with only the seventh of its population.

    ---

    Anyway, the question was which nation is the most admired in the world?

    Well, there's irrefutably an Obama effect, and I think America should be proud of it. And the contrast with the previous administration is so sharp that it can only enhance this effect.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  4. #64
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Let's dump Mexico; book Turkey; give Belgium a noogie, and Canada a wedgie; run Venezuela's bra up the flagpole; and smoke Mom's Newports in the bathroom with Poland.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Obama iz teh antichrist!!'``~!~`

    Honestly though, there is no accounting for taste here, obviously.

    I don't want to go America bashing...but most admired? Obama? Really?

    I'm just not that convinced.

  6. #66
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Obama iz teh antichrist!!'``~!~`

    Honestly though, there is no accounting for taste here, obviously.

    I don't want to go America bashing...but most admired? Obama? Really?

    I'm just not that convinced.

    Maybe it's just one of those situations in which the "Most Popular" really just means "the one everyone has heard of." Everybody knows the United States and feels our impact, so we're bound to have huge numbers of fans (and detractors).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #67
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    With 0.6% of growth, there's nothing to brag about, my dear Victor.

    Furthermore, Australia's economy is a particular case amongst developed countries, mainly because it has (almost) no industry, and is almost entirely based on agriculture and ore exports.

    And while the world may not need expensive cars anymore, il will always be dependent of food and ore, especially rising economies like China and India.

    Somehow, Australia's economy is very similarly structured to the Russian one, but with only the seventh of its population.

    ---

    Anyway, the question was which nation is the most admired in the world?

    Well, there's irrefutably an Obama effect, and I think America should be proud of it. And the contrast with the previous administration is so sharp that it can only enhance this effect.
    Welcome back Blackmail. We are delighted to hear your Parisian voice. You breathe Paris into the provinces and so we feel just a little less provincial.

    Lieutenant Cook beat Jean-François La Perouse de Galoup, Comte de La Pérouse, into Botany Bay by a few hours. Ah, if only La Perouse had been first, I could have been a French provincial under your tutelage.

    But alas, I am reduced to boasting about 0.6% growth - in English.

  8. #68
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    No offense, but I can't say I admire America.

    That said, there aren't any countries I do admire (politically). So whatever.

    I admire countries when there aren't any people in it though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  9. #69
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I admire countries when there aren't any people in it though.
    So me ol' Fluffy, how do you feel about Antarctica? The Antarctic Treaty keeps people out, even tourists. There is only a couple of scientists down there.

    So do you most admire Antarctica or America?

  10. #70
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Movie makers must get in there every once a while. Those penguins are so photogenic.
    Fluffy, penguins don't start wars. I'd encourage you to admire Antarctica, rather than the United States (we like to call ourselves "America," but that's not our real name).

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So me ol' Fluffy, how do you feel about Antarctica? The Antarctic Treaty keeps people out, even tourists. There is only a couple of scientists down there.

    So do you most admire Antarctica or America?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Similar Threads

  1. C'mon Americans, you are the most powerful country in the world...
    By hacbad macbar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
  2. [NT] Most Confusing NT in the World??
    By idkman24 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  3. Which is the most invincible state in the world?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
  4. Most dangerous corporation in the world
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
  5. The most beautiful songs in the world...
    By maliafee in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 04:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO