User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Although it's nice to see those numbers shift, it seems like such a falsehood.

Observing the Obama White House, it's like a continuation of the Bush Administration
    with differing window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Although it's nice to see those numbers shift, it seems like such a falsehood.

Observing the Obama White House, it's like a continuation of the Bush Administration
    with differing window dressing.
    winner winner chicken dinner!

for all their supposed divergences, in the grand scheme of things it makes little difference which political party is in office. sure, (material) things are a little bit better for the populace while a democrat is in office (more domestic spending), but exploitation at home and abroad run rampant either way.

edit: not to mention state-sponsored terrorism, a time-honored american tradition
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

As Calvin Coolidge said, "The Business of America, is business." It always has been.

As Calvin Coolidge said, "The Business of America, is business." It always has been.
    And luckily for us, the businesses pay for the programming that comes out of the magic box and feeds us a poisonous mental framework which obfuscatedly corrupts our thoughts and human dignity.
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

And don't forget, your last President, George W Bush, said in response to the air attack on New York, that, "The business of America is business".

So even at such a grievous moment America asserts its values through the voice of its President - as is quite right and proper.

And how lucky we are that a man is never more innocently engaged than when making money.

And how successful America has been in realising its fundamental values as it now owns and controls the Reserve Currency of the world.

And as you know this is the final aim of Mercantilism - to own and control the Reserve Currency of the world.

How lucky we are America has succeeded.

MBTI
    INxJ

I don't buy this for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I don't buy this for a minute.
    Why ?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Why ?
    I don't believe long standing prejudices can be erased in such a short amount of time. Maybe people like Obama, but America as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I don't believe long standing prejudices can be erased in such a short amount of time. Maybe people like Obama, but America as a whole?
    I was just curious about what made you say what you said.

But as non American I must say that you are right. It is quite unlikely that the US is actually the most popular country today. (even with Obama as president)

I am afraid that someone is mixing "most popular" with "most talked about".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

If I were a citizen someplace else, I'd be pretty ticked at the US for the CDS Ponzi scheme that flattened the global economy.