User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    the ones that die prematurely could be used for dog food or something.
    Don't say that. I tried one of my cats 'treats' to find out (experimental purposes obviously) why she loved them so much. Chicken and cheese, not very nice at all. Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

This is a poor case, since turkeys are dumb as bricks. Pigs, however, are smarter than dogs. Though really, no animal should be forced to live a pathetic existence in order to provide an affordable meal option for the omnipotent human.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    no animal should be forced to live a pathetic existence in order to provide an affordable meal option for the omnipotent human.
    I would also like to add plant-life to that last statement in between animal and should, with an "or" in between animal and plant-life. I propose eating other humans. But only the ones who die of natural causes or in horrible accidents. No suicide victims though, melancholy is contagious.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    This is a poor case, since turkeys are dumb as bricks. Pigs, however, are smarter than dogs. Though really, no animal should be forced to live a pathetic existence in order to provide an affordable meal option for the omnipotent human.
    Actually, turkeys are not "dumb as bricks." Someone should look up the reasons why Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird of the United States.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This didn't really disgust me, honestly.

It gave me the same feeling I get when watching a product being manufactured (like a car being assembled), not watching people being tortured. I actually thought those machines were pretty cool... I didn't know you could process chicken that way, now I can see how they get so much of it into the stores. I always thought the idea of having a farmer go out kill one every time seemed a little inefficient given the scale we consume the stuff on.

I think if they had to treat them more humanely, people would begin to see them in a more human light, and find it harder to process them at levels needed for consumption. This video was created by people with a vegetarian agenda.

MBTI
    STFU

i watched the video. it was pretty sad, but i gotta say the video PETA made from inside a pig slaughterhouse was much more disturbing. how those people treated the piglets was truly disgusting.

still, i love me some pork. i can't help myself.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Actually, turkeys are not "dumb as bricks." Someone should look up the reasons why Ben Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird of the United States.
    I looked up turkey intelligence and came upon the ironic conclusion that turkeys have recently gotten the short end of the stick in terms of survival intelligence because they've been bred domestically/in captivity for so many generations. Funny, that.

Also, I dislike how emotionally-charged sensationalism is the only front seen by the average Joe in terms of vegetarian advocacy. I've read much more convincing arguments and studies that are more relative: a lot less meat (or basically, a diet of mostly plants) is a lot better for you. People want to shrug off what they view as attacks on their personal preference in diet if they feel demonized for "hurting the poor animals" just by eating.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Yeu mean wild, naturally occuring turkies, which're all but extinct these days...

The turkies yeu get in the store are brick stupid.

The original wild turkey, however, is pretty clever as birds go. They also look virtually nothing like a 'real' turkey.

MBTI
    ENTP

Gimmi some chigkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Yeu mean wild, naturally occuring turkies, which're all but extinct these days...

The turkies yeu get in the store are brick stupid.

The original wild turkey, however, is pretty clever as birds go. They also look virtually nothing like a 'real' turkey.
    Wild turkey's are pretty good at staying out of sight. I see them every now and then in the early morning and and late evening. I don't mind them so much, except around dusk when they won't shut up.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”