User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default 18yo escaped "barefoot bandit" thinks he's James Bond

Apparently has an unusually high IQ, taught himself to fly by reading manuals, and has been suspected of stealing planes/boats/cars/etc. He hacked his Blackberry so that it's untraceable for when he calls home to his mom; authorities haven't been able to catch him.

His mother said she doesn't see anything wrong with what he's suspected of doing.

"I hope to hell he stole those airplanes I would be so proud," Pam Kohler told a reporter, noting her son's lack of training. "But put in there that I want him to wear a parachute next time."
    Teen burglar: Catch me if you can - Crime & courts- msnbc.com
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Apparently has an unusually high IQ, taught himself to fly by reading manuals, and has been suspected of stealing planes/boats/cars/etc. He hacked his Blackberry so that it's untraceable for when he calls home to his mom; authorities haven't been able to catch him.

Teen burglar: Catch me if you can - Crime & courts- msnbc.com
    There's nothing worse than a mother who is proud that her son has completely misdirected his genius into something destructive instead of stopping to think that maybe she should (have) guide(d) him to focus that intelligence into, oh say, curing cancer.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Lol.

At least he's having fun I guess.

EDIT: Actually since he crash landed and presumably damaged those airplanes, I retract my half-hearted approval.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

hmmmm...interesting. Stealing planes is risky. I would recommend he stay with boats.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    There's nothing worse than a mother who is proud that her son has completely misdirected his genius into something destructive instead of stopping to think that maybe she should (have) guide(d) him to focus that intelligence into, oh say, curing cancer.
    Exactly.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Sounds like a cool dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I have to completely disagree. No one here will probably agree with me, and honestly I have no real answers to back up my opinion. All i know is that I hate it when someone, no matter their age, goes out and commits some sort of crime and the parents are the first ones to give them up. Thats just BS IMO, they should be the first ones to back up their children.

Understandably their are some crimes that are outside of this opinion and no matter who you are you deserve justice. But the kid pretty much just took a joy ride, as far as i can tell didnt hurt anyone and escaped. Why should the mother not be proud, no really, why?!
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Why? Because he STOLE then DAMAGED someone else's property. If he had purchased a plane and did whatever to it, then motherly pride would be appropriate.

What's your address in Houston...I want to take your car/truck/moped for a joy ride with a bash-into-a-wall ending. I'll have my mom call you to tell you how proud she is of my driving and hot-wiring skills.

How would that work out for you? Let's say....second weekend in November?

I don't have children, but would give one up to the cops in a heartbeat if s/he were doing this shit. And I am not a big fan of the police.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah there is a chance he is going to get himself in a situation where its between him being hurt and someone else. I wonder how that would work out.

It's all fun and games until it's your property or home that is broken into.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah there is a chance he is going to get himself in a situation where its between him being hurt and someone else.
    And hopefully it will be him as the one being demoted from the gene pool.