User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

What's wrong with stealing airplanes? It's not as if it's potentially destructive... Oh wait!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    I have to completely disagree. No one here will probably agree with me, and honestly I have no real answers to back up my opinion. All i know is that I hate it when someone, no matter their age, goes out and commits some sort of crime and the parents are the first ones to give them up. Thats just BS IMO, they should be the first ones to back up their children.

Understandably their are some crimes that are outside of this opinion and no matter who you are you deserve justice. But the kid pretty much just took a joy ride, as far as i can tell didnt hurt anyone and escaped. Why should the mother not be proud, no really, why?!
    He didn't just take a joy ride. He's a theif. He's like a master at breaking and entering. He's "joy riding" on multiple planes, boats, etc. He has a long string of sociopathic behavior.

I've known a mother like that, and her sociopathic son. In my experience, in cases such as these, it is the parents who made them that way. At least she admits it instead of trying to deny it, no BS about "I don't know what happened, I did the best I could," I'll give her credit for that...her unflinching honesty.

Oh yeah, and apparently it never occured to you that he could kill someone (or himself) with his "joy riding." Destroying someone else's property at the age of 18 is not something that any mother should be proud of.

Parents have a responsibility to give up their adult children when they've committed serious crimes. Otherwise they're as good as criminals themselves.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm sorry to say, but as long as he doesn't hurt anybody doing this, the coolness factor is totally outweighing the criminality of it.

MBTI
    INxJ

I think this dude is an ENTP.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Apparently has an unusually high IQ, taught himself to fly by reading manuals, and has been suspected of stealing planes/boats/cars/etc. He hacked his Blackberry so that it's untraceable for when he calls home to his mom; authorities haven't been able to catch him.
    A man can't just sit around all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    A man can't just sit around all day.
    Are you serious? There's plenty of people who do just that.

I think the kid definitely has potential. Seems like he's just a little(I mean a lot) misguided.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have to say, I find it mildly amusing that the authorities are so incompetent. But I still think he needs to go to jail. He's caused a lot of property damage and put lives at risk. What's more, he did break the law, and not even for a good reason. If it had been some kind of Robin Hood thing, I might have been more sympathetic.

I'm not sure how I feel about the mother's refusal to testify against her own son. I think it's technically the wrong thing to do, but somewhat understandable given how strong the mother-child bond is on an emotional level. It's probably creating a degree of legally defensible irrationality and insanity regarding her son, IMO, if they're going to try her for being an accessory. There's a reason the term "a face only a mother could love," came about.

In summary, the kid needs to be incarcerated yesterday, and the mom should be pitied for her mental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Are you serious? There's plenty of people who do just that.
    Yeah, like me!

My mother never had to worry about me getting in trouble... in fact, I was the one that whined at her every time she went a little over the speed limit, or stood up to someone rather than avoid making a scene.

I prefer people who are a little bit crazy than those who are docile.

Athenian, Are you really located on my hard disk?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I have to say, I find it mildly amusing that the authorities are so incompetent.
    What's funnier is that he's 6'5", it's not like he can easily hide in a crowd.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Athenian, Are you really located on my hard disk?
    Actually, I'm located on MY hard disk.

As often as you visit this site, though, there's a possibility that there might be a few copies of me on yours. I'm like Agent Smith, "there are so many of me!"