User Tag List

View Poll Results: Nobel Peace prize is it more "politically expedient" to accept?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 42.22%
  • No

17 37.78%
  • undecided

9 20.00%
First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I just don't think that the ability to persuade an audience in and of itself is reason enough to respect someone. You're opinion may differ, alors, ce la vie.

Rush Limbaugh and Charles Manson are similar in that they use base exploitation to promote hateful, destructive ideas on people who are psychologically vulnerable, whether through mental instability or below average intelligence. I don't know any smart, sane conservatives who take advice from Rush.
    +1 Its a different route that an INTP takes to get to the same conclusion...yet I hear what you are saying.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    +1 Its a different route that an INTP takes to get to the same conclusion...yet I hear what you are saying.
    Hey, cool.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I care not how persuasive someone is, I care about the substance and factual integrity of what they are saying. Limbaugh is good to a point, and often proves himself to be factually correct and makes solid predictions. However, he often skews things a bit beyond what I believe the true nature of the topic to be, and thus I don't listen to him too much. To be enamored by someone's persuasiveness seems ultimately counterproductive if one is trying to get a solid grasp on what the reality is. If I listen to a source of news or any info, I want to see clearly and be able to discern what is correct or not, and if it's not, proceed to disregard that info as being useless.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I care not how persuasive someone is, I care about the substance and factual integrity of what they are saying. Limbaugh is good to a point, and often proves himself to be factually correct and makes solid predictions. However, he often skews things a bit beyond what I believe the true nature of the topic to be, and thus I don't listen to him too much. To be enamored by someone's persuasiveness seems ultimately counterproductive if one is trying to get a solid grasp on what the reality is. If I listen to a source of news or any info, I want to see clearly and be able to discern what is correct or not, and then proceed to disregard that info as being useless.
    +1
    I hate to appear like I am waffling yet I agree with this statement too.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Rush Limbaugh: "That I'm on the same side as the Taliban on anything. That we all are. We're all on the same side as the Taliban"

Naturally this is taken out of context.... yet it is bad linguistics/NLP, and thus bad propaganda even for "his audience".

Logically correct….but bad propaganda…gotta be consistent…when it comes to propaganda (at least in the short term). In other words its telling the Fs, “conservatives are unpatriotic”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Rush Limbaugh: "That I'm on the same side as the Taliban on anything. That we all are. We're all on the same side as the Taliban"

Naturally this is taken out of context.... yet it is bad linguistics/NLP, and thus bad propaganda even for "his audience".

Logically correct….but bad propaganda…gotta be consistent…when it comes to propaganda (at least in the short term). In other words its telling the Fs, “conservatives are unpatriotic”
    Lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Freshman Rep. Grayson: If Obama Eats a BLT, GOP ‘Would Try to Ban Bacon’” May agree what he is inferring also but…Bad linguistics/Bad NLP/bad propaganda [except for the vegans]. Just the statement “ban bacon” (even when stated in the negative) drives many men crazy.

Edit: but keep an eye out for this guy...on the other side it has a awakening/polarizing effect...might be the next Pres.?!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In other words its telling the Fs, “conservatives are unpatriotic”
    Huh? This doesn't even make sense. Most non-conservative people think that conservatives are more likely to be rabidly patriotic, not less.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Huh? This doesn't even make sense. Most non-conservative people think that conservatives are more likely to be rabidly patriotic, not less.
    I understand, yet they[the Fs in Rush's audience] have been trained like Pavlov's dog to respond to certain emotions/words. Its a linguistic/manipulation thang

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Freshman Rep. Grayson: If Obama Eats a BLT, GOP ‘Would Try to Ban Bacon’” May agree what he is inferring also but…Bad linguistics/Bad NLP/bad propaganda [except for the vegans]. Just the statement “ban bacon” (even when stated in the negative) drives many men crazy.
    I was thinking the exact thing. It doesn't really matter what he does, they'll find a way to attack him on that point.