User Tag List

View Poll Results: Nobel Peace prize is it more "politically expedient" to accept?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 42.22%
  • No

17 37.78%
  • undecided

9 20.00%
First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Why should he turn it down? He donated all of the money to charity. It's not like he kept it for his own personal gain.

Conservatives are so bitter. Over NOTHING.
    Now, there, you see?

You people should be ashamed of yourselves! Hmph!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Okay, okay, the donation was kind of cool...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Ok here is the situation:

You are Obama, a first term U.S. President. You would like to get reelected. One morning out of the blue you are offered the Nobel Peace Prize. From a point of view of political expediency, particularly in getting your proposals passed and ultimately in a better position to get reelected. Do you accept or deny it? (Please respond to this answer strictly with political strategy in mind)

I don’t know the answer, am curious what you think is the best strategy.
    I voted undecided based on your question. What you asked confuses the issue for me. As a democrat wanting to get reelected, winning over votes from reluctant moderates or even conservatives, accepting the npp is not helping. Getting proposals passed now? Maybe this award would help him but why isn't he getting them passed without it? He has his party dominating the house and senate this very moment and still he can't pass anything. Why is that? (sorry if I'm wrong about the house and senate dominance-government never was my strong suit).

Most likely the people who choose these things like the npp are a small out-of-touch group who base their vote on political biases to begin with. If I were on the committee I would have brought forth the most hard working and effective entity possible even if they weren't known. Maybe there aren't these people who exist? Possible.

There has been debate over Obama's enneagram type and by accepting the npp he puts another notch on the etype 3 rather than 9 type (as an aside)

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

+1 to Everything, and I mean, everything Athenian said.

And I voted undecided. I don't know how this will actually impact his presidency. Strategy isn't my strong point.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Rush Limbaugh is a flaming moron who flunked out of community college and only got on the radio because of who his daddy was. He's a pill popping fat-ass lunatic.

I sincerely wish I had realized this thread was started by a mentally challenged Dittohead before I even bothered to respond.
    Even though I disagree with the logic Rush Limbaugh uses [on me]; marmalade I nevertheless feel he is very talented his persuasive technique on his target audience. Since he uses so many ad hominem attacks against others I can see how it would make one feel they want to reciprocate (including myself) yet I do respect the times he is efficient exploiting his target audience on a purely (for lack of a better word) pragmatic level.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Even though I disagree with the logic Rush Limbaugh uses [on me]; marmalade I nevertheless feel he is very talented his persuasive technique on his target audience. Since he uses so many ad hominem attacks against others I can see how it would make one feel they want to reciprocate (including myself) yet I do respect the times he is efficient exploiting his target audience on a purely (for lack of a better word) pragmatic level.
    Many people have been very talented with their persuasive technique on their target audience. Take Charles Manson, for example.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

^Hitler
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    I voted undecided based on your question. What you asked confuses the issue for me. As a democrat wanting to get reelected, winning over votes from reluctant moderates or even conservatives, accepting the npp is not helping. Getting proposals passed now? Maybe this award would help him but why isn't he getting them passed without it? He has his party dominating the house and senate this very moment and still he can't pass anything. Why is that? (sorry if I'm wrong about the house and senate dominance-government never was my strong suit).

Most likely the people who choose these things like the npp are a small out-of-touch group who base their vote on political biases to begin with. If I were on the committee I would have brought forth the most hard working and effective entity possible even if they weren't known. Maybe there aren't these people who exist? Possible.

There has been debate over Obama's enneagram type and by accepting the npp he puts another notch on the etype 3 rather than 9 type (as an aside)
    +1
    I totally relate wren. I don't know the answers to your questions yet I am curious on what they are too.

P.S. I voted undecided too
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Many people have been very talented with their persuasive technique on their target audience. Take Charles Manson, for example.
    Admittedly I tend to be anti Rush......, yet to play the devils advocate: I agree both Rush Limbaugh and Charles Manson were both persuasive speakers yet I do not see a clear coloration between the fact they are both persuasive speakers and they are similar (i.e. Franklin Roosevelt was a persuasive speaker too). So strictly linguistically speaking there is no relevance, isn't that true (unless the statement was made an innuendo)?.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Admittedly I tend to be anti Rush......, yet to play the devils advocate: I agree both Rush Limbaugh and Charles Manson were both persuasive speakers yet I do not see a clear coloration between the fact they are both persuasive speakers and they are similar (i.e. Franklin Roosevelt was a persuasive speaker too). So strictly linguistically speaking there is no relevance, isn't that true (unless the statement was made an innuendo)?.
    I just don't think that the ability to persuade an audience in and of itself is reason enough to respect someone. Your opinion may differ, alors, ce la vie.

Rush Limbaugh and Charles Manson are similar in that they use base exploitation to promote hateful, destructive ideas on people who are psychologically vulnerable, whether through mental instability or below average intelligence. I don't know any smart, sane conservatives who take advice from Rush.