User Tag List

View Poll Results: Nobel Peace prize is it more "politically expedient" to accept?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 42.22%
  • No

17 37.78%
  • undecided

9 20.00%
First 31112131415 Last

Honestly, I love this forum. I truly do.
    But there should be a filter for ridiculous conspiracy theories, nonesense comparisons, mentalmasturbation and ego-stroking for being able to read the intelligent and insightful posts before I pluck out my liver with a keyboard.

I really respect people who have time and energy to prove that BS won't become a PhD thesis because of a few well-placed words. It's like trying to convince an orangoutang to eat with a fork: it needs a LOT of patience, and unfortunately, patience is not my strongest point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    But there should be a filter for ridiculous conspiracy theories, nonesense comparisons, mentalmasturbation and ego-stroking for being able to read the intelligent and insightful posts before I pluck out my liver with a keyboard.

I really respect people who have time and energy to prove that BS won't become a PhD thesis because of a few well-placed words. It's like trying to convince an orangoutang to eat with a fork: it needs a LOT of patience, and unfortunately, patience is not my strongest point.
    Now now, no need to censor political discourse. Then it'd be like every other extremist forum where one side of the political spectrum hacks away at anyone daring enough to speak up for the opposite side.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Why does everyone fail to see how irrational it is that we're focusing on the president, rather than on the committee? What kind of absurdity is it to become disgusted with a person for not rejecting a gift, which might well have been construed as arrogant or rude as well? That's probably exactly what they wanted us to do. If we should be focused on anyone, we should be focused on the Nobel Peace Prize committee. What were their motives, and what were they trying to do by awarding it to such a public figure? Were they trying to solicit donations? Were they paid off by someone? What about their corruption, their dishonesty?
    Good point. I'm in complete agreement.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Yeu don't CHOOSE to be nominated... I don't think he wanted to be nominated. And I don't think he wanted to win. He pretty much said it himself, he didn't earn it yet, and may not be able to depending on how things go.

He's stuck with a rather heavy title around his neck now as well... imagine if another 9/11 occurs, then whot? If he acts in ANY fashion, he's screwed from every conceivable angle.

To get the nobel peace prize right now is disastrous.

He got stuck with two lame options: Accept, and have his enemies hate him even more but agree by accepting to accept also the burden of weight the title carries with it, and work harder towards peace as a whole, strengthening his position on many of the things he's trying to accomplish. Oooor he could decline it, which would make SOME people happy... for about a week and then they won't care anymore, and the most hardcore enemies will just be like ZOMG he hates peace! So he can't win with them no matter which decision he made, but by declining, he also removes some of the hope people have, as well as putting him at a major disadvantage politically over some very large subjects.

No matter whot he does, he's in trouble. I wouldn't doubt if an opponent who HATES him nominated him for it, because they knew very well he'd be in trouble regardless of which decision he picked. He made the best of a crap situation; he gave all the money from the prize to charity, he admitted he didn't deserve it, yet accepted the responsibilities of the position that he was given, and pointed out the manner in which they were intended and that he equally intends to uphold his position on the matter now that he has a very heavy title to live up to.

Declining the position wouldn't really have helped give him any weight politically, it wouldn't have eased some people's fears, but rather have increased them that they were getting another warmonger like Bush, and he now has even more motivation to live up to another impossible title, or at least try to look good at failing it.

To win the nobel peace prize like that right now is seriously one of the worst things that could've happened to him right now politically... but he's using it as much to his advantage as he can, despite the precarious situation it's thrust him into.

Seriously though, he was damned if he did accept it, and damned if he didn't accept it. Whot do yeu expect him to do? Get something descent out of the deal and make use of it as best he can.

Whoever nominated him was either an idiot follower, which I highly doubt, or a severely shrewd tactician of an enemy. Sadly we won't know for 50 years, but I can bet that 50 years from now we're going to look back at this and realize that it was a form of a Xanatos gambit style attack, that he may very well not be able to escape intact from.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Do not attribute to malice that which can be attributed to incompetence.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Why should there be a filter? That's stupid.

What "conspiracy theories"? Simply because you are such a lemming that you cannot look at readily available information does not make a political description a "conspiracy."

2+2=5. War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

I disrespect people who are complete sheeple with no thoughts of their own. Like you.

If you dislike what is being discussed, simply remove yourself from the thread and go pursue whatever nonsense it is that you like.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Do not attribute to malice that which can be attributed to incompetence.
    *with the exception of politics, wherein we can assume malice by default, and incompetence as the error in execution of aforementioned malicious intent.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    *with the exception of politics, wherein we can assume malice by default, and incompetence as the error in execution of aforementioned malicious intent.
    No. I continue with the same rule. It would be a big mistake to forget that politicians are humans, the same as the rest of us.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No. I continue with the same rule. It would be a big mistake to forget that politicians are humans, the same as the rest of us.
    Humans are malicious by default. Schadenfreude is a perfectly normal emotion, for example...

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

I think this was a beautiful political maneuver that'll be awesome for reelection. Who you gonna vote for, guy with nobel prize or the other guy? haha... this is awesome....

Man, obama can do no wrong lolol
    Everyone is a case study.