User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    STFU

next year i wouldn't be surprised if they give it to bono or michael moore.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INxJ

[youtube="IPkgC-mPO9c"]Nobel Q&A on Obama Win[/youtube]

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

i bet oprah had something to do with this
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Is [Obama] going to get an Oscar, too?
    I think that would be appropriate.

I can see the video now: "Most people hear Abe Lincoln's famous words, 'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time' and consider it wisdom, but Barack Obama heard these words and saw a challenge ... "
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    I think that would be appropriate.

I can see the video now: "Most people hear Abe Lincoln's famous words, 'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time' and consider it wisdom, but Barack Obama heard these words and saw a challenge ... "
    Lmao. Obama should get an Oscar for best director. He made a nice setup with his press conference earlier in the week with over 150 doctors supporting his healthcare bill all showing up in white labcoats, because of course they always wear their labcoats to public events to make them look smart and "doctorish"...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Now... Just what did he do to deserve this prestigious award?

I'm at a loss...
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, even though I voted for him, he hasn't been around long enough to do much so in that I don't get it. The war in Iraq is still going on.

On the other hand the Bush adminstration was a huge threat to world peace. Everyone on the planet hated America, and their policies were insanely pompous and antagonistic.

So I think that by simply going against all of that Bush administration garbage he has greatly changed the world's perception of the United States for the better, and is taking a much more peaceful, rational approach to world politics.

I suppose it's for that. After all, if McCain had won we might have been blown off of the face of the earth by a nuclear bomb by now. That's something to celebrate.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well, even though I voted for him, he hasn't been around long enough to do much so in that I don't get it. The war in Iraq is still going on.

On the other hand the Bush adminstration was a huge threat to world peace. Everyone on the planet hated America, and their policies were insanely pompous and antagonistic.

So I think that by simply going against all of that Bush administration garbage he has greatly changed the world's perception of the United States for the better, and is taking a much more peaceful, rational approach to world politics.

I suppose it's for that. After all, if McCain had won we might have been blown off of the face of the earth by a nuclear bomb by now. That's something to celebrate.
    The greatest "threat" to world peace is the species Homo Sapien. Rational foreign policy requires that all parties be rational. Roughly half of the world is as irrational as shit on the wall. It aint America's fault when other countries paint the walls brown and we are forced to clean up the mess by whatever means necessary.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I think he deserves it more than most previous recipients, to be quite honest.
    Maybe it is because i'm not actually living in america, and I can see what difference he has made to the rest of the world.

Seriously. Before he won the election, I <insert foul word for intercourse> hated the United States because of its foreign policy.
    I hated those Godawful republican values, corporate interests and israeli lobbyists running the state and general friction with just about every other country in the world.

Now that Obama is president, the rest of us don't hate your collective guts so much anymore.
    Now, common people don't go around hoping that you'll get hit by nukes and perish in some large-scale apocalypse.
    Then we would have made North America into a large parking lot
    Trust me, many people were seriously afraid of the madmen you had running your government.

Obama was seriously needed. Prize? Unnecessary, but well-deserved.

If you're living in the U.S... Well, you might not notice what I mean in the same way.
    You might be more focused on whether you're republican or democrat.

I also think he made a good decision pulling out of Iraq. That entire war was unnecessary, as you all know.
    Continuing fighting in Afghanistan... I don't know about that one.
    McCrystal and the boys say they need 40 000 more troops, and the situation for western military and the government they support is worse than ever.

I don't like the Taliban or al-Qaida any more than anyone, in fact i'd fight them if I could.
    Instead of increased U.S. presence, NATO/EU and China should send more troops to aid both fighting and peacekeeping.
    Share the costs. Like you might have noticed, the U.S. isn't as rich as it believes.
    Cooperate. Exterminate a common enemy and become closer friends, hopefully.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I think he deserves it more than most previous recipients, to be quite honest.
    Maybe it is because i'm not actually living in america, and I can see what difference he has made to the rest of the world.

Seriously. Before he won the election, I <insert foul word for intercourse> hated the United States because of its foreign policy.
    I hated those Godawful republican values, corporate interests and israeli lobbyists running the state and general friction with just about every other country in the world.

Now that Obama is president, the rest of us don't hate your collective guts so much anymore.
    Now, common people don't go around hoping that you'll get hit by nukes and perish in some large-scale apocalypse.
    Then we would have made North America into a large parking lot
    Trust me, many people were seriously afraid of the madmen you had running your government.

Obama was seriously needed. Prize? Unnecessary, but well-deserved.

If you're living in the U.S... Well, you might not notice what I mean in the same way.
    You might be more focused on whether you're republican or democrat.

I also think he made a good decision pulling out of Iraq. That entire war was unnecessary, as you all know.
    Continuing fighting in Afghanistan... I don't know about that one.
    McCrystal and the boys say they need 40 000 more troops, and the situation for western military and the government they support is worse than ever.

I don't like the Taliban or al-Qaida any more than anyone, in fact i'd fight them if I could.
    Instead of increased U.S. presence, NATO/EU and China should send more troops to aid both fighting and peacekeeping.
    Share the costs. Like you might have noticed, the U.S. isn't as rich as it believes.
    Cooperate. Exterminate a common enemy and become closer friends, hopefully.
    Obama didn't pull out of Iraq. That decision was made long before he came into office, and the decision was made because Iraq had become stabilized (thanks in part to the troop surge). Blame Bush for that one, Obama had little/nothing to do with it in all intellectual honesty.