User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Do they release detailed HIV/AIDS patient stats online for public consumption?
    What were you indirectly going for here? Just something to ground the comparison? HIV/AIDS is communicable, thus the statistics are useful to individuals for their own health. (I don't think public abortion stats has a use that's comparable.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    What were you indirectly going for here? Just something to ground the comparison? HIV/AIDS is communicable, thus the statistics are useful to individuals for their own health. (I don't think public abortion stats has a use that's comparable.)
    I was going for the difference between statistics and individual info, actually. I have no problem with statistical data being reported online, but having individual reports available to the public is crazy, even if they don't have the name or address attached.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I was going for the difference between statistics and individual info, actually. I have no problem with statistical data being reported online, but having individual reports available to the public is crazy, even if they don't have the name or address attached.
    Aah. You make a good point. (I think I'm even weirded out by abortion stats going public, nvmd personal info.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I brought up the hiv/aids correlation. Some will say statistics on abortion will be useful to individuals for health as well. I lived with a hard core pro lifer for many years, I can already hear the argument.

I think pro-life and pro-choice proponents have one thing in common -- prevention. I haven't read much, but I'm guessing that is what they are using to argue to pass this bill.

***off to read more

MBTI
    ENTP

Ok, I went and read the law. Below is the proposed "Individual Abortion Form" and yes, the law now requires the each individual abortion form be made available on their website. With that information, yes I think it is absolutely a violation.

Individual Abortion Form
    (TO BE COMPLETED FOR EACH ABORTION PERFORMED)
    1. Date of abortion _________________
    2. County in which abortion performed ________________
    3. Age of mother _________________
    4. Marital status of mother ________________
    (married, divorced, separated, widowed, or never married)
    5. Race of mother ________________
    6. Years of education of mother ________________
    (specify highest year completed)
    7. State or foreign country of residence of mother ________________
    8. Total number of previous pregnancies of the mother ________________
    Live Births _________________
    Miscarriages _________________
    Induced Abortions __________________
    9. Approximate gestational age in weeks, as measured from the last menstrual period of the mother, of the unborn child subject to abortion _______________________________
    10. Method of abortion used:
    Suction Aspiration ___________
    Dilation and Curettage ___________
    RU 486 ___________
    Methotrexate ___________
    Dilation and Evacuation ___________
    Saline ___________
    Urea ___________
    Prostaglandins ___________
    Partial Birth Abortion __________
    Hysterotomy ___________
    Other (specify) ___________
    11. Was there an infant born alive as a result of the abortion? __________
    If yes:
    Were life-sustaining measures undertaken? ___________
    How long did the infant survive? ___________
    12. Was anesthesia administered to mother __________________
    If yes, what type? _________________
    13. Was anesthesia administered to the fetus? ___________
    If yes:
    What type? _______________________
    How was it administered? _______________________
    14. Method of fetal tissue disposal _______________________
    15. Reason for abortion (check all applicable):
    Mother cannot afford the child ______
    Emotional health of the mother is at risk ______
    Mother suffered from a medical emergency as defined in Section 1-738.1 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes ______
    Mother wanted a child of a different sex ______
    Abortion necessary to avert the death of the mother ______
    Pregnancy was a result of forcible rape ______
    Pregnancy was a result of incest ______
    Other (specify) ______
    Patient was asked why she is seeking an abortion, but she declined to give a reason _________________________
    16. Method of payment (check one):
    Private insurance _______
    Public health plan _______
    Medicaid _______
    Private pay _______
    Other (specify) _________________
    17. Type of medical health insurance coverage, if any (check one):
    Fee-for-service insurance company ______
    Managed care company ______
    Other (specify) __________________________________
    18. Sum of fee(s) collected ___________
    19. Specialty area of medicine of the physician ___________________
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    20. Was ultrasound equipment used before, during, or after the performance of this abortion?
    Before? _____ Vaginal, abdominal, or both? _____
    During? _____ Vaginal, abdominal, or both? _____
    After? _____ Vaginal, abdominal, or both? _____
    21. Was the information required by paragraph 1 of subsection B of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes provided to the mother? ___________
    a. If yes, was it provided:
    In person ___________
    By telephone ___________
    b. Was it provided by:
    A referring physician __________
    The physician performing the abortion _________
    An agent of a referring physician ___________
    An agent of the physician performing the abortion ________
    22. Was the information required by paragraph 2 of subsection B of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes provided to the mother? ___________
    a. If yes, was it provided:
    In person _______
    By telephone _________
    b. Was it provided by:
    A referring physician _________
    An agent of a referring physician ________
    The physician performing the abortion ________
    An agent of the physician performing the abortion _______
    23. Did the mother avail herself of the opportunity to have the printed materials described in Section 1-738.3 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes mailed to her? ______________
    24. Were the informed consent requirements of subsection B of Section 1-738.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes dispensed with because of a medical emergency necessitating an immediate abortion:
    To avert death ______
    To avert substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function arising from continued pregnancy _____
    25. Was the probable gestational age twenty (20) weeks or more? _____
    a. If yes, was the mother provided the information described in subsection A of Section 1-738.8 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? _____
    (1) If yes, was the information provided:
    In person ______
    By telephone ______
    (2) If yes, was the information provided:
    By a referring physician _____
    An agent of a referring physician _____
    The physician performing the abortion _____
    An agent of the physician performing the abortion _____
    b. Did the mother choose to be given or mailed the materials described in Section 1-738.10 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? ___________
    c. To the best of the information and belief of the reporting physician, did the mother go on to obtain the abortion? ________
    26. Was the abortion performed within the scope of employment of an Oklahoma state employee or an employee of an agency or political subdivision of the state? ________
    27. Was the abortion performed with the use of any public institution, public facility, public equipment, or other physical asset owned, leased, or controlled by this state, its agencies, or political subdivisions? _________
    28. If the answer to question 26 or 27 is yes:
    a. Was the abortion necessary to save the life of the mother? _______
    If yes, what was the life-endangering condition? __________
    b. Did the pregnancy result from an act of forcible surprise sex? _______
    If yes, list the law enforcement authority to which the surprise sex was reported ___________________
    List the date of the report ___________
    c. Did the pregnancy result from an act of incest committed against a minor? _________
    If yes, list the law enforcement authority to which the perpetrator was reported ________________
    List the date of the report ___________
    THIS PORTION TO BE COMPLETED IN CASE OF MINOR
    29. Minorís age ___________
    30. Was a parent of the minor provided notice prior to the abortion as described in Section 1-740.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? ________
    a. If yes, how was the notice provided?
    In person _______
    By mail _______
    b. If yes, to the best of the reporting physicianís knowledge and belief, did the minor go on to obtain the abortion? ________
    31. Was informed written consent of one parent obtained as described in Section 1-740.2 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes? ______
    If yes, how was it secured?
    In person ___________
    Other (specify) _________
    32. If no notice was provided nor consent obtained, please indicate which of the following apply:
    Minor was emancipated ___________
    Abortion was necessary to prevent the death of the minor _____
    Medical emergency, as defined in Section 1-738.1 of Title 63 of the Oklahoma Statutes, existed ___________
    Minor received judicial authorization to obtain abortion without parental notice or consent ___________
    33. If no notice was provided nor consent obtained because a medical emergency existed, please indicate:
    Whether parent was subsequently notified (state period of time elapsed before notice was given) ____________
    Whether judicial waiver of notice requirement was obtained ________
    34. If the minor received judicial authorization to obtain an abortion without parental notice, please indicate which of the following applies:
    Judge ruled that minor was mature enough to give informed consent on her own ___________
    Judge ruled that abortion was in the best interest of the minor ___________
    Filed this ____ day of __________, _____ by:

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Would the viewable reports be in an individual form though? For some reason I'm under the impression the data would be presented in such a way that you can sort by race/socioeconomic/age or whatever criteria to get an idea of how those correlate, not necessarily be able to search for an individual record. Much like how there are sites in which you can view gun crime statistics based on various factors.

I really have no idea how this stuff works though, so if I'm clueless, let me know.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Would the viewable reports be in an individual form though? For some reason I'm under the impression the data would be presented in such a way that you can sort by race/socioeconomic/age or whatever criteria to get an idea of how those correlate, not necessarily be able to search for an individual record. Much like how there are sites in which you can view gun crime statistics based on various factors.

I really have no idea how this stuff works though, so if I'm clueless, let me know.
    From reading the law, yes the actual reports have to be made viewable.

I was under the same impression as you from the first article I read.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    From reading the law, yes the actual reports have to be made viewable.

I was under the same impression as you from the first article I read.
    Hmm, that does seem excessive, and I cannot see any statistical value coming from having the individual reports publicly available.

It seems to be a modern version of sending someone to the stockades with a mask on.

Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

This is so disgusting. What the hell is going on in Oklahoma? It sickens me that a women's right to chose, to this day, still is in question for her reasons, to make such a personal choice.

I know my sentence structure sucks. Flamers can suck it.

MBTI
    INxJ

I think what's most disconcerting about this and the pro-life view in general, is the lack of responsibility and accountability on the male's part. Women seem to take the load here. No pun intended. It takes two, folks.