User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by reason View Post
    I assume all these TV "personalities" are screwing around; they are usually famous, wealthy, influential, conceited, attention-seeking, and narcissistic; in other words, the kind of people who screw around.
    As if MBTI stereotyping isn't enough.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    As if MBTI stereotyping isn't enough.
    lol

MBTI
    INTP

I think a thread discussing the label "coward", its definition and relevance to this situation, is in order. Or about to happen. (Maybe happening now.)

I don't think apologizing is cowardly, but cheating is. Lying to your spouse/SO to be with someone else, yet holding onto them for fear of losing what is still there, is cowardly. Apologizing on public television is the confrontation and acceptance of the truth made publicly, is not cowardly. Accepting fault, in the case of Letterman's out-of-taste comments and infidelity, and accepting its consequences are not cowardly acts.

I bet the extortionist thought himself brave by attempting to ruin Letterman, but this does not negate the illegality and cowardice of it. Of course, these are my opinions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kangol View Post
    Apologizing on public television is the confrontation and acceptance of the truth made publicly, is not cowardly. Accepting fault, in the case of Letterman's out-of-taste comments and infidelity, and accepting its consequences are not cowardly acts.
    It is distasteful and insulting to the spouse. I felt like he was playing a role. True apologies are of few words and take place in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    It is distasteful and insulting to the spouse. I felt like he was playing a role. True apologies are of few words and take place in particular.
    That's assuming that his public apology was not preceded by a sincere personal conversation with his wife. If his public apology was the first time his wife heard an explanation/apology, then I agree with you, but I find it hard to believe that that is the case.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    That's assuming that his public apology was not preceded by a sincere personal conversation with his wife. If his public apology was the first time his wife heard an explanation/apology, then I agree with you, but I find it hard to believe that that is the case.
    Either way, what is the using of apologizing on the TV? It would be like rubbing salt on a wound in public, which will enhance the humiliation. Very phony to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I highly doubt she was unaware.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kathara: This is only you though. I doubt you'd date someone that lived a very public life like that in the first place if this is the way you feel. I've heard little outrage from the wife, so I'm assuming they've had very private discussions of their own.. but if faced with blackmail, I'd rather stand by my husband putting things public than allow someone to manipulate my husband as if he were some sort of toy to be played with.

I'm rambling, but my point is that just because it was on TV doesn't make it totally fake.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm with all you guys....who cares? People cheat, people keep secrets.

That's why it sucks to be a celebrity. Most people have done things they're ashamed of, but we don't have to tell everyone..

I don't think we have enough information to judge the guy, honestly. We have no idea what's going on in his personal life except what other people have decided was an interesting media story. Do we even know she hasn't cheated on him? I mean, that doesn't make his act right, but who knows the circumstances?

Morally judging an act without the full context seems ridiculous to me. Before I make any sort of moral judgment, I research situations, try to disprove all my hypotheses, brainstorm, etc. Since I can't really do that acceptably here, I cannot judge.

All we know is he is not Jesus

Letterman should be burned at the stake because he's a cheater and a womanizer and he has the worst late night show in the history of late night shows, with the exception of jimmy fallon and that one guy who used to work for mtv until he got too old.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”