User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    Only in my dreams. And yeah, he (unfortunately) apologized for that joke. If he just flipped her the bird, then I'd say he had balls, But he didn't, so he's a coward.
    :rolli:

You mean the joke about about her fucking daughter? Yeah, that's courageous political commentary....oh wait, he was just being a huge dick at the expense of someone who happens to be related to a public figure he dislikes. If he sincerely apologized for it, that's not being a wuss, that's demonstrating common decency.

Good for him, about standing up to a blackmailer, though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

It's a bit strange, but it doesn't morally offend me. We all have our vices. I think now that it's in the public, he'll be smart enough to not do it anymore.

"Do as you're told!(Unless told otherwise)"

yeah, sleeping around is great fun. he won't stop but he might not let people take pictures next time.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    :rolli:

You mean the joke about about her fucking daughter? Yeah, that's courageous political commentary....oh wait, he was just being a huge dick at the expense of someone who happens to be related to a public figure he dislikes. If he sincerely apologized for it, that's not being a wuss, that's demonstrating common decency.

Good for him, about standing up to a blackmailer, though.
    If he said the same thing about Chelsea Clinton he would have been applauded.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by iamathousandapples View Post
    If he said the same thing about Chelsea Clinton he would have been applauded.
    I don't think so, and I don't think people liked it when John McCain did that very thing several years ago-he had to apologize for showing his ass, as well.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Affairs are already pretty normal in American society. I've never seen the problem with people in high positions having sex with people outside of their marriage in the same way everyone else sees it. It's his personal business, and not mine. I don't judge the man on what he does and with whom and when. It's called a personal life for a reason.

If I were going to date a guy, then yes loyalty would be on the top of the list. But, I have no desire to date David Letterman. Thus, I don't care what he does. Sucks to be his wife, but whatever.

The dude extorting him was a fucking jerk and I hope he rots in jail and some huge burly guy extorts him every man-love-thursday night. David Letterman handled it in the best way he probably knew how, given the circumstances.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Ok, seriously, this little bust shouldn't change your view of him.

If you like him, continue to like him. Feel bad for him. That's his personal life being leaked. He probably feels pretty terrible, embaressed, and scared.

If you don't like him, well, that's an honest opinion that this certain incident shouldn't necessarily persuade.

Long Live Letterman.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP

Eh, I'm not really concerned with his "affair"...I mean, he just recently married and yeah, its his and his wife's relationship...she may not even consider it cheating. And I really don't understand why so many people consider this their business anyway, who cares.

As far as sleeping with subordinates, none have stepped forward to say it was harassment. So pretty mutual. Apart from being a bit skeezy I don't even see the ethical implications. It would be much different if he was using his status as boss to sleep with them and keep them employed, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

The real bad guy here is the extortionist.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I assume all these TV "personalities" are screwing around; they are usually famous, wealthy, influential, conceited, attention-seeking, and narcissistic; in other words, the kind of people who screw around.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ISTx

'Somber' Letterman Apologizes To Female Staff, Family - wcbstv.com

I just hate stories like this: "He's deeply sorry. He's apologozizing. Blah blah blah." People are only sorry when they're caught. Cowards.