User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Now that he's admitted it, maybe any women who felt sexually harassed/exploited can be compensated.

Other than that, I can't say I'm surprised. Some women are attracted to men in positions of power and many men in positions of power simply consider those women one of the perks of their position.

It seems as though he's handling it reasonably well.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INxJ

If everything happened between consenting adults (no manipulation or creepy power plays), I have no judgment. The morality of it, will concern his family and friends.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Now that he's admitted it, maybe any women who felt sexually harassed/exploited can be compensated.

Other than that, I can't say I'm surprised. Some women are attracted to men in positions of power and many men in positions of power simply consider those women one of the perks of their position.

It seems as though he's handling it reasonably well.
    They got to f*** a huge celebrity! What the hell compensation would they need!?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    They got to f*** a huge celebrity! What the hell compensation would they need!? You can rape 13 year olds, but god forbid you should have concensual sex with a *slut* employee and go unpunished.
    Can you be more explicit in explaining how this relates to my post?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Can you be more explicit in explaining how this relates to my post?
    They got to f*** a huge celebrity! What the hell compensation would they need!?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

They got f****ed by their boss. I think it was probably consensual, but if it was coerced they should be compensated and the coercer should be punished.

These unequal power dynamics make it hard to tell whether some kind of coercion is taking place and the person in the more powerful position is always leaving themselves open to a harassment suit when they get sexual involved with an employee, student, client, etc.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infj

i agree with everything Cafe said. what was sad was the way people laughed liked sheep, you could see it on Dave's face..

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The piece of garbage was the guy trying to extort 2 million dollars from Letterman.
    Shockingly enough, was who the extortionist was.
    A TV producer. He was arrested.

Who gives a shit who Dave had sex with?
    Extortion is a crime.
    Having sex with employees is not.

Robert J. Halderman, "48 Hours" Producer, Wanted $2 Million Not to Disclose David Letterman's Affairs with Employees

Robert J. Halderman Arrested for David Letterman Affairs Extortion - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
    Well what a piece of dogshit Halderman is.

If I were the judge who heard this case, I would allow all the women who could prove having relations with Letterman to settle with Letterman, but have Halderman pay the settlements.

Then I would have Letterman donate an equal amount to charities for abused and exploited women.

Extortion/Blackmail is a hideous crime. Someone that is able to attempt such a thing is a filthy coward and a piece of dogshit. He had no idea that Letterman had the balls to come clean about this. He did the right thing in the midst of a very bad situation. Crazy stuff.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Socially, it is scandalous in American culture to have affairs while you are still married, and Letterman is married. (Although, he is recently married and I have not hear the timeline exactly so I want to remain open until I find that out.)

Legally, a boss having relations with a subordinate can cause all kinds of problems for an employer. Was it consensual, or was the boss using his/her power to coerce the subordinate into having relations?

Additionally, it sounds like he was having relations with several women, and we don't know if there were several women he was involved with at the same time, which would only add to the scandalous nature.
    Ah, well of course it's quite scandalous to have affairs while married, definitely agree - I didn't know he was. But the other points aren't that bad imo, stuff just happens. Unless it was rape, I have trouble beliving that it wasn't "consensual".
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kryten5786 View Post
    i agree with everything Cafe said. what was sad was the way people laughed liked sheep, you could see it on Dave's face..
    That wasn't sad. I think they didn't know he was trying to say something serious. The expectations set by his brand of humor would make it difficult to determine whether he was being serious at first.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari