User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

He pled guilty to drugging and raping a minor, the fact that he's famous and has done great things with the rest of his life isn't the point. He committed a crime AND pled guilty to it. Therefore, he should serve the punishment for the crime. Since he fled, he should serve his punishment now, the fact that he hid from it for years is irrevelant. And he should be charged with whatever "Fleeing the country/running from the law" is.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I keep typing up responses and deleting them. Nothing really feels sufficient. I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read about all the petitions and protests. What the fuck?
    This is the world you liberals created. Hope you're happy with it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    This is the world you liberals created. Hope you're happy with it.
    So America is the entire world now ? You do realize that "liberal"and "conservative" outside of the U.S. either has no meaning or a completely different meaning that it does in America?

I think many Americans need to do some traveling outside of their borders to get an idea of what the contexts of liberalism and conservatism means on a GLOBAL scale..And besides that, the gap betwen liberalism vs conservatism in American politics is pretty much the same as the gap in taste between vanilla bean and french vanilla

As for the topic: It's about time,hopefully he gets extradited back to the US. Consensual sex with 44 year old when you're 13 is MUCH different than consensual sex with a 44 year old when you're 25. And the fact that the victim forgave him has nothing to do with the law.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    So America is the entire world now ? You do realize that "liberal"and "conservative" outside of the U.S. either has no meaning or a completely different meaning that it does in America?

I think many Americans need to do some traveling outside of their borders to get an idea of what the contexts of liberalism and conservatism means on a GLOBAL scale..And besides that, the gap betwen liberalism vs conservatism in American politics is pretty much the same as the gap in taste between vanilla bean and french vanilla
    liberalism as in the mentality inherint to liberalism which is present here and more so in many European countries. Same mindset, no matter what it's called. Thank you for clarifying and validating of my point.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

liberalism as in the mentality inherint to liberalism which is present here and more so in many European countries. Same mindset, no matter what it's called. Thank you for clarifying and validating of my point.
    this is so wrong in many countries...for instance what's called liberalism here is actually considered conservative.liberal and conservative don't have absolute meanings politically, they are more a function of comparison with what the norms are... and the mindsets aren't the same, for instance there's a always a political schema that includes both social AND financial issues... for instance Some countries are socially conservative/financial liberal, others are socially liberal/financially conservative, socially liberal and financially liberal and socially conservative and financially conservative.

and you're welcome. i'm always happy to help clarify misunderstandings

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    this is so wrong in many countries...for instance what's called liberalism here is actually considered conservative.liberal and conservative don't have absolute meanings politically, they are more a function of comparison with what the norms are... and the mindsets aren't the same, for instance there's a always a political schema that includes both social AND financial issues... for instance Some countries are socially conservative/financial liberal, others are socially liberal/financially conservative, socially liberal and financially liberal and socially conservative and financially conservative.

and you're welcome. i'm always happy to help clarify misunderstandings
    Wrong. It's the values and beliefs upheld by what we today define as liberals (falling under different names in different time periods), particularly in social issues, that have contributed to the state of mind we have today and which is displaying itself to an extreme in this country and other countries as people who don't give a damn about such wrongdoings because they're completely numb to it, and are to self centered and starstuck to have any rational perspective on the issue. Those things which have contributed to the propogation of such poor judgement into segemnts of society is directly attributtable to the principles upheld by modern liberals in America, and upheld by other parties under different names in other (mostly western/European) countries. It's not the politics you fool, it's the values and principles of PEOPLE which just happen to align themselves to such political parties because the parties represent their beliefs and character. Thus, if I were to be more specific, I'd say:

"This is the world you *people who uphold moral relitivism and liberal social freedoms to the extent of utter social stupidity* created. Even then, it's only a fragment of why I said what I did, but I don't have the patience to explain more because you're obviously stuck in the shallow political game that the dunce kids play so that they can look like informed adults.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Nobody is disputing that this 13 year old was raped - he was never punished for that crime. The precedent set, as is the case across the world, is that famous, powerful, rich people often get away with crimes they DID commit...

He should be tried and sentenced as anyone else would who had committed such a crime. It doesn't matter how long ago. This is and should be a warning to anyone who would consider rape as o.k. As a bleeding heart, I support harsh sentencing when it comes to crimes committed against children.

Risen -- I was so with you until you decided to blame all liberals for the state of the judicial system. Really? I'm sure there are no rich/powerful/famous conservatives who get away due to similar resources...really. This has little to do with ideology and everything to do with resources.

I'm guessing the people supporting him/protesting his arrest are all connected to the art world and feel a sense of loyalty to him. Since when does talent = no punishment for crimes committed? Strange.

There are valid questions being raised about why it took so long for him to be arrested? He's made so many appearances around the world outside of France. This should have happened years ago and not just after the documentary about him was released.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Nobody is disputing that this 13 year old was raped - he was never punished for that crime. The precedent set, as is the case across the world, is that famous, powerful, rich people often get away with crimes they DID commit...

He should be tried and sentenced as anyone else would who had committed such a crime. It doesn't matter how long ago. This is and should be a warning to anyone who would consider rape as o.k. As a bleeding heart, I support harsh sentencing when it comes to crimes committed against children.

Risen -- I was so with you until you decided to blame all liberals for the state of the judicial system. Really? I'm sure there are no rich/powerful/famous conservatives who get away due to similar resources...really. This has little to do with ideology and everything to do with resources.

I'm guessing the people supporting him/protesting his arrest are all connected to the art world and feel a sense of loyalty to him. Since when does talent = no punishment for crimes committed? Strange.

There are valid questions being raised about why it took so long for him to be arrested? He's made so many appearances around the world outside of France. This should have happened years ago and not just after the documentary about him was released.
    I wouldn't expect you to understand the social aspects (cause and effect in the broad perspective) due to your type. I could always be proven wrong though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Hmmm... let's see:

I wouldn't expect you to understand the social aspects (cause and effect in the broad perspective) due to your type. I could always be proven wrong though.
    From your signature:

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about” “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

- Martin Luther King Jr.
    So wrong in so many ways. Nuff said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Hmmm... let's see:

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.” “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about” “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

- Martin Luther King Jr.

So wrong in so many ways. Nuff said.
    Preeeecisely. Make yourself less predictable.