Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What does the victim think?
    It is the only issue that matters here.

You people write as if he raped you. A hypocritical stance.
    If the victim has pardoned, then Polanski is pardoned already and he is entitled his freedom.
    You do not know a thing about the history of Polanski.
    It doesn't matter what she thinks; this is not Samantha Geimer v. Roman Polanski. It's the People v. Roman Polanski.

I do not understand why it is so hard for people to understand this.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Just read up on this thing...
    He should be publicly humiliated, flogged, skinned + pouring salt on him, anally punished with a cactus and later slowly barbecued with strong spices.
    Did I forget to mention that my idea of public humiliation includes some pretty nasty stuff?
    Well... For starters he should be peed on by thousands of people for several days without food or water, until he in his thirst is forced to drink it.

I hate child molesters more than almost anything in the world.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    It doesn't matter what she thinks; this is not Samantha Geimer v. Roman Polanski. It's the People v. Roman Polanski.

I do not understand why it is so hard for people to understand this.
    Their ineptitude is an infectious, pestulent disease that must be stopped.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

From an interview Polanski gave to the novelist Martin Amis in 1979, the year after Polanski went on the run.
    The interview originally appeared in Tatler and is collected in Amis’s excellent book Visiting Mrs Nabokov.
    Here’s a section of the first quote it contains from Polanski.
    “If I had killed somebody, it wouldn’t have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… f—ing, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to f— young girls. Juries want to f— young girls. Everyone wants to f— young girls!”
    Roman Polanski: ‘Everyone else fancies little girls too’ - Telegraph Blogs
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I dunno, on the one hand, it was pretty dumb that they 'caught' him at his own celebration, that's just rude, and may really cause some nasty unintended reprocussions in the art world to a vast degree, to the point that the prosecution of him may very well cause FAR more damage than to not do so.

That, and if yeu actually check the records on the case and such, yeu find out lots of neat stuff. I even saw pictures of the girl he made out with - consentually - it wasn't rape other than due to her age. And let's put it this way, SHE LOOKED OLDER THAN ME and I'm 25! I can KINDA see how that could happen >.<

I don't know all the exact details of exactly whot happened, just mostly that it was like... at the time he had been basically cleared and told he could go by the judge, then after he left they were like OH WAIT COME BACK PLZ! and he was like... uhm... no.

There may be other details I'm not aware of that weren't on the news and such though, but I think the whole thing's alot more complex than "ZOMG CHILD RAPE" considering the hints of whot happened back then, and the police photos of the girl in question at the time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't agree with your assessment.

Links to the grand jury transcripts are below.

The Smoking Gun - Polanski The Predator

The Smoking Gun - Polanski The Predator
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    I dunno, on the one hand, it was pretty dumb that they 'caught' him at his own celebration, that's just rude, ...
    I stopped reading, because raping a 13 year old girl in an empty house by drugging her and getting her drunk, then fucking her in the ass, vagina, and every other sex act you could think of while she was telling him "No!" and tried multiple times to stop the situation in her helpless state is quite fucking "rude" as well.

Read the transcripts people.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

He committed a crime against everyone by fleeing sentencing. He must go down for this. End of story.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

From an interview Roman Polanski gave in 1979 (h/t Eric Blair):

"If I had killed somebody, it wouldn’t have had so much appeal to the press, you see? But… fucking, you see, and the young girls. Judges want to fuck young girls. Juries want to fuck young girls. Everyone wants to fuck young girls!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I keep typing up responses and deleting them. Nothing really feels sufficient. I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read about all the petitions and protests. What the fuck?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii