videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Umm, did you ever read the trial transcripts? This isn't a case of statutory rape, he raped her.
    Wow. If only your reflexes were matched by reading comprehension, you'd be unstoppable.

MBTI
    enfp

i remember hearing he fled cus his old judge screwed him over on some deal regarding his bail or something. and now the judge is dead.

well, go back to the original deal. then put his azz in prison. game over. make some movies about california prison old man.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

To give my five cents: its only german art comunities that think he shouldnt be punished after 30 years, it's not the opinion of the government or general public. They do think the same as I do, namely he should be punished. I hate artists.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I would prefer you addressed the issues rather than making ad hominem attacks.
    That is the issue. State-level crime agencies all over the developed world vigorously pursue child sex offenders. France had a huge uproar over the issue just a few years ago. Nothing makes Australia particularly better in this situation, so bringing that up is irrelevant, other than to assert nationalistic bias.

This has nothing to do with the actual crime; very few would say it's anything short of horrific. It has everything to do with a sovereignty turf war - the US demands that its laws and criminal procedure be followed (rightly), while France sought to protect one of its high-profile nationals from what it saw to be a capricious judge.

France was in the wrong here, but they were in the wrong for the right reasons, as sucky as that may be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm no legal buff, since I'm only 15, but isn't that illegal? Charging him with the same crime again? That's double jeopardy, no?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This guy's not above the law.
    He committed a terrible crime and shouldn't go through life thinking that he doesn't have to pay a price for it.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    I'm no legal buff, since I'm only 15, but isn't that illegal? Charging him with the same crime again? That's double jeopardy, no?
    From what I understand, he fled before the previous preceding had completed.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I think you have to be actually held in trial before the second can be called double jeopardy. None the less, would it really matter to any of us if they twisted the law every once in a while and said, "Oh hell, lets try him again to see if we can get a guilty!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    From what I understand, he fled before the previous preceding had completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I think you have to be actually held in trial before the second can be called double jeopardy. None the less, would it really matter to any of us if they twisted the law every once in a while and said, "Oh hell, lets try him again to see if we can get a guilty!"
    Well, from what I've read, he originally plead guilty to "unlawful intercourse with a minor," but his plea was declined or something.

Still though, I think if he is arrested and brought to trial, he shouldn't be forced to serve a harsh sentence as he did plead guilty to a crime, originally, even if it was declined by the court.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

I think that would only apply if he was acquitted of all charges.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!