User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Send this kiddy fiddler back to his homeland of Poland to be convicted.
    Poland doesn't give a crap - he's been there several times since.

Besides, the laws where the offense occurred apply. That's California. Since he dodged prosecution by leaving the country, it's a Federal issue now.

He's getting fat copies of the United States Code and California Statutes, Annotated thrown at his face as soon as he hits these shores.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    France's culture minister Frederic Mitterrand also criticized the U.S. "Seeing him alone, imprisoned while he was heading to an event that was due to offer him praise and recognition is awful," he said. "He was trapped. In the same way that there is a generous America that we like, there is also a scary America, and that has just shown its face."
    Lol doesn't law enforcement in the US do shit all the time like set up fake sweepstakes so when they show up they can easily arrest them. At least they didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Poland doesn't give a crap - he's been there several times since.

Besides, the laws where the offense occurred apply. That's California. Since he dodged prosecution by leaving the country, it's a Federal issue now.

He's getting fat copies of the United States Code and California Statutes, Annotated thrown at his face as soon as he hits these shores.
    Yeah I just said it because of the recent news about Poland castrating pedo's.

Default The Betrayal of Children

The scary thing is that some of the French and some of the artistic community think child sexual abuse is sexual liberation.

Fortunately the Australian Federal Police are vigorously pursuing child sexual abusers, both here and overseas, and beinging them before our Criminal Courts.

However it is important to remember that this is very new. And it is only in the last 20 years or so that child sexual abuse has been prosecuted in the Criminal Courts.

And it is important to remember that prosecutions have only taken place in the West. And that in most of the world child sexual abuse is not even talked about, never mind prosecuted in the Criminal Courts.

However, even in the West, children are still being betrayed by those by those who promote sexual liberation, not least by some on this site.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    At this point I think it's more about being a dick and running and hiding for thirty years. If he'd faced up to what he did at the time, this would have blown over fairly quickly. The woman's, like, forty-five now. She has long since said "whatever" and forgiven him.

Fucking a thirteen-year-old -- yeah, it was amazingly stupid and icky, but at this point it's kind of a non-issue. You know, it happened. Nobody actually cares anymore. Not dealing with the repercussions -- that's a much bigger problem. And he set a terrible example.
    She only "forgave" him last year. And he didn't have sex with her, he drugged her and raped her - which is beyond icky. And some people do still care. I care.

But yes, I agree that escaping the very lenient punishment (while expressing outrage that we would dare to pursue this) is a big issue as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Fucking a thirteen-year-old -- yeah, it was amazingly stupid and icky, but at this point it's kind of a non-issue. You know, it happened. Nobody actually cares anymore. Not dealing with the repercussions -- that's a much bigger problem. And he set a terrible example.
    It wasn't just sex. He drugged and raped her. Had she "consented" we might be having a different discussion. But how would this be ANY different from drugging/raping a woman who was of-age? The fact is, it ain't.

That is was a 44 year old man (at the time) drugging and raping a little girl makes it worse....much worse.

Sure, they let him plead to mere "unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor", but his plea was rejected. He fled. Now he's caught.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Let him rot.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Those assholes give the child rapist a standing ovation at the Oscars to make a point about his "unfair" treatment, yet they also made a point to remain seated when Elia Kazan got his lifetime achievement award. Screw 'em.
    I think elia kazan is a pretty cool guy. eh snitches on commies and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    For someone as opposed to everything as you seem to be, the instances where your chauvinism shows are a bit jarring.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And he didn't have sex with her, he drugged her and raped her - which is beyond icky.
    My understanding was that this was a case of statutory rape, rather than rape-rape. Looking at the details, it seems there's much that, in polite company, tends to be swept under the carpet about this business:

Samantha Geimer recalled in 2003 that she began to feel uncomfortable after he asked her to lie down on a bed. ďI said, ĎNo, no. I donít want to go in there. No, I donít want to do this. Noí, and then I didnít know what else to do,Ē she said in an interview.

ďWe were alone and I didnít know what else would happen if I made a scene. So I was just scared, and after giving some resistance, I figured well, I guess Iíll get to come home after this.Ē
    And then:

Geimer testified that Polanski gave her a combination of champagne and quaaludes, a sedative drug, then kissed her, performed cunnilingus on her, penetrated her vaginally, and then penetrated her anally, each time after being told 'no' and being asked to stop.
    So, uh, okay. Never mind what I said before. Jesus.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My understanding was that this was a case of statutory rape, rather than rape-rape. Looking at the details, it seems there's much that, in polite company, tends to be swept under the carpet about this business:

And then:

So, uh, okay. Never mind what I said before. Jesus.
    Umm, did you ever read the trial transcripts? This isn't a case of statutory rape, he raped her.

"Geimer later agreed to a second session, which took place on March 10, 1977 at the Mulholland area home of actor Jack Nicholson in Los Angeles. "We did photos with me drinking champagne," Geimer says. "Toward the end it got a little scary, and I realized he had other intentions and I knew I was not where I should be. I just didn't quite know how to get myself out of there." She recalled in a 2003 interview that she began to feel uncomfortable after he asked her to lie down on a bed, and how she attempted to resist. "I said, ĎNo, no. I donít want to go in there. No, I donít want to do this. No!", and then I didnít know what else to do,Ē she stated.[32]"
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    For someone as opposed to everything as you [Victor] seem to be, the instances where your chauvinism shows are a bit jarring.
    I would prefer you addressed the issues rather than making ad hominem attacks.