User Tag List

First 1725262728 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I wonder if you're actually trying to contribute to the thread or if you're just trolling.

Check out the big brain on Lateralus.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ISTP

Swiss court keeps Polanski in jail, rejects bail - Yahoo! News

And Polanski continues to stay in jail. Looks like he's coming back to the US eventually...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Swiss court keeps Polanski in jail, rejects bail - Yahoo! News

And Polanski continues to stay in jail. Looks like he's coming back to the US eventually...
    or not. Now that things have settled down, the Swiss have refused to extradite him and he is free to go
    . . . from the Swiss chalet he was confined for some months

Roman Polanksi freed after Swiss reject U.S. extradition request

PARIS -- Swiss authorities freed French director Roman Polanski on Monday, deciding not to extradite him to Los Angeles to face sentencing for having sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977.

The decision, announced by the Justice Ministry in Berne, followed nearly 10 months of legal struggle between the U.S. Justice Department and Polanski's attorneys. The 76-year-old Oscar-winning filmmaker was first imprisoned and then confined to his ski chalet in the Alpine resort of Gastaad with an electronic foot bracelet.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

We should get the word out to all the would be rapists and pedophiles that Switzerland is kind of okay with rape, maybe they'll all move there.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    We should get the word out to all the would be rapists and pedophiles that Switzerland is kind of okay with rape, maybe they'll all move there.
    France, too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Funny story, had a French foreign exchange student in our class who was literally defending Polanski's actions because of his movies. She just couldn't get why that wasn't a valid excuse at all
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Funny story, had a French foreign exchange student in our class who was literally defending Polanski's actions because of his movies. She just couldn't get why that wasn't a valid excuse at all
    Sad but unsurprising.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Sorry, on the one hand, I think this is stupid, but on the other hand, I can't abide the fact that he was able to live with relative impunity simply because he was wealthy. Unfortunately, this is one of those situations where you have to set an example - no one is above the law.
    Its true. Its quite sickening to think anyone would think he shouldn't be arrested. Its basically saying you get a free pass on rape if you make movies people like. I saw the Ghost Writer, and I enjoyed it a lot despite its ridiculous bias. No number of movies gives someone a pass on this.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If you think about it, if he was okay with doing that, think about all the other stuff he would be okay with doing, has done, and will continue to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Boo hoo. Lock him up. I'd like to see if any of these people would want to let bygones be bygones just because it happened a long time ago if it was their daughter.

Those assholes give the child rapist a standing ovation at the Oscars to make a point about his "unfair" treatment, yet they also made a point to remain seated when Elia Kazan got his lifetime achievement award. Screw 'em.
    When your daughter is raped, the father (= you) decides what is what?
    What the daughter says does not matter in the least, huh?
    Chauvinism. Combined with hypocrisy.

When the daughter says bygones is bygones it is bygones in my record.
    It was she who was raped. Not you.

Show respect to the victim.