User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yes he does but weather anyone likes it or not, untill he is proven guilty he is innocent, certainly in both your country and my own.
    Your point does not preclude bringing him to trial, which is all anyone is asking for. He's presumed innocent until he can be tried, but you seem to be saying that presumption of innocence is a reason to forgo a trial altogether.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I asked for something practical, not idealistic. Can you try again?
    Could we just call it a "FAIL" on my part and let it go?

I don't think I expressed what I meant clearly enough. I'm pretty sure I could give you the idea, but I'd have to provide several examples to explain what I'm talking about.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    So what's the "solution" to child rape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't think I expressed what I meant clearly enough. I'm pretty sure I could give you the idea, but I'd have to provide several examples to explain what I'm talking about.
    Here's a good opportunity, Athenian.

Would you mind clarifying your stance against Jock's question?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Here's a good opportunity, Athenian.

Would you mind clarifying your stance against Jock's question?
    There are several possible solutions, but the first one that comes to mind is...

Monitor female children more closely, and make sure they're kept away from males over the age of 17 as much as possible. They shouldn't be allowed to associate closely enough for that to happen in the first place. I don't know why they let them associate so closely, anyway, it just looks like a crime waiting to happen. I know it always creeps me out when I see an older male anywhere near an underage girl.

There are probably better solutions, but I'm not as good at this as I'd like to be...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There are several possible solutions, but the first one that comes to mind is...

Monitor female children more closely, and make sure they're kept away from males over the age of 17 as much as possible. They shouldn't be allowed to associate closely enough for that to happen in the first place. I don't know why they let them associate so closely, anyway, it just looks like a crime waiting to happen. I know it always creeps me out when I see an older male anywhere near an underage girl.

There are probably better solutions, but I'm not as good at this as I'd like to be...
    The man is a rapist. End of story. It really doesn't matter to me if he raped a thirteen year old girl or a grown woman. He also drugged her. Rapists should be punished whether they're famous or not. I have no envy of Polanski's fame. I just think that in the Western world we never should make exceptions for any rapist, particularly famous ones because it sets a bad precedent for anyone witnessing the fact that a famous person was able to get away with it....therefore it must be okay for "me to do it." That's fucking sick.

This is the only time Polanski got caught, bear that in mind too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The man is a rapist. End of story. It really doesn't matter to me if he raped a thirteen year old girl or a grown woman. He also drugged her. Rapists should be punished whether they're famous or not. I have no envy of Polanski's fame. I just think that in the Western world we never should make exceptions for any rapist, particularly famous ones because it sets a bad precedent for anyone witnessing the fact that a famous person was able to get away with it....therefore it must be okay for "me to do it." That's fucking sick.

This is the only time Polanski got caught, bear that in mind too.
    Oh, no, that's where YOU want to end it. That's not where it actually ends. You just have to know that someone brought this up so that they would look good in the eyes of the public for prosecuting a famous person. If it hadn't been for that, I'm sure it never would have come back to trial.

MBTI
    NICE

You haven't really thought this through, have you?

MBTI
    enfp

Oh, no, that's where YOU want to end it. That's not where it actually ends. You just have to know that someone brought this up so that they would look good in the eyes of the public for prosecuting a famous person. If it hadn't been for that, I'm sure it never would have come back to trial.
    this is getting stupider and stupider

and you have to know people defend him only because they like his movies!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

How is the intent of the prosecutor relevant? As long as the prosecutor follows the law, I fail to see how that is an issue. If the prosecutor was ignoring other crimes in lieu of this one, you would have a valid argument, but I haven't seen any evidence to support that claim.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp

well, if his movies sucked, no one would defend him

that sucks for all the crappy movie directors who want to rape kids.