User Tag List

First 23456 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Also I find it confusing (like with all northern hemisphere schooling) that a school year is spread over 2 seperate years.
    I suppose it seems a bit odd, but it's like that so we can have the warmer parts of the year off.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

"Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Obama can suck my dick.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I suppose your Si argument for opposing this involves "boo hoo change makes me uncomfortable"?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I suppose your Si argument for opposing this involves "boo hoo change makes me uncomfortable"?
    Oh please. Like anyone would actually oppose it just because it's change. It's bad and annoying change. That's why people don't like it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Oh please. Like anyone would actually oppose it just because it's change. It's bad and annoying change. That's why people don't like it.
    Do Republicans really think there's any other kind?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Well no wonder he wants to take summer vacation away!

YouTube - Glenn Beck: "School kids sing creepy Obama-worship song" - 9/24/2009
    :eek: WTF... have you seen videos of North Korea? This shares a striking resemblance.... I was wondering why those posters portraying him had those communist tones.

ah I guess I wasn't alone in thinking this, I found a perfect video to show you what I mean.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZtthSq-uG8"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZtthSq-uG8"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

They have proposed something similar to schools here, but it would be absolutely impossible unless gigantic air conditioners were installed everywhere. From the end of May to the end of September it's just too warm to expect a good intellectual performance from kids. Personally, I have never felt any deficit from not going to school for 3 months: we always had a lot of homework to do, books to read, mathematics problems to solve, etc.; then, when you'd get back to school, you were graded on what you did during the summer: if you didn't do your homework, your school-year would start with a really negative grade. Once in middle school we had 350 math problems to solve, 3-4 each day, along with a science book with experiments we had to do on our own and write reports about, an english grammar book and an italian literature book. Well, it felt like going to school would have been comparably less taxing, lol.

Anyway, here school started at 7.50 AM and ended at around 2 PM. Yeah, it was a pain for kids that lived far from the school, they had to wake up at 6.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp

Researcher Tom Loveless of the Brookings Institution looked at math scores in countries that added math instruction time. Scores rose significantly, especially in countries that added minutes to the day, rather than days to the year.

"Ten minutes sounds trivial to a school day, but don't forget, these math periods in the U.S. average 45 minutes," Loveless said. "Percentage-wise, that's a pretty healthy increase."
    Yeah, make the math classes longer.

its pretty sad how bad some kids are at math.

i've seen kids who can't plot a point on a graph because of spatial cobwebs in their brains, to be able to eventually do some pretty complicated algebra in their heads, with practice and studying. takes time, but at least you know america is headed in the right direction.

MBTI
    INxJ

The school system needs to changed, not made longer. Stop teaching down to the dumbest student. If some of them fail to keep up, let them go to a special retard class.