User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Risen:
    If I am gulity of knowing nothing about the politics of it, then you are equally gulity of knowing nothing of the science of it. Untill you understand the science behind climate change, you can add nothing to the conversation of how to deal with it. If you simply wish to reduce this debate to another left/right culture war issue, you do not only do your self a great diservice, but us all.

Yes, many different political groups have done the very same, however, this is something that transcends simple partisan politics, as we are equally dependant on the natural world for our continued existance.

Though, I do agree with you the sole focus on CO2 emissions is a very surface-oriented view point, and doesn't really add anything helpful. And the American left in particular has a very strange relationship with enviromental issues, so I don't think they are any better.

MBTI
    asd
    Enneagram
    asd
    Socionics
    sadf

Can I second that? Any help for a beginner would be greatly appreciated.
    Whens the next comp? I'm itching to see how I go.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXmJ4jd-8&feature=channel"]Monckton[/YOUTUBE]

Watch it, though it is over 93 min long.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

This paper pretty much puts the whole anthropogenic warming issue to rest. Here's a link to the abstract. Unfortunately you have to pay for the full article.

On the determination of climate feedbacks from ERBE data
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Here's how a false god dies.

I suppose this might sting like the confutation of Santa Claus; but it's a step in growing up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Here's how a false god dies.

I suppose this might sting like the confutation of Santa Claus; but it's a step in growing up.
    I'm still amazed that some supposedly smart people call this "science". It's not. It's a religion.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Why on earth do your brains insist on drawing that fallacious connection between policies meant to stop the production of CO2 so that the earth doesn't warm (in itself a false argument for the reasons of making the policies and for the premise itself) and policies meant to stop the corrosion of the environment through the introduction of UNNATURAL chemicals and and physical destruction? Why does it make you feel so good to believe that you are helping mother earth by eliminating what mother earth makes constantly (CO2)? Why do you focus on something that has never killed or harmed a god damn thing in the ecosystem, and take attention away from all the trash and REAL pollutants we still dump into our oceans!? Why do you guys hate nature so much?
    Bingo, MMGW is a hoax by the state to raise more taxes from the people for doing things they cant help but to do, like exhale. Its about control and its about money.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

But you never hear these stories because like everything else that doesn't fit the political left's agenda, the media ignores it. They love to make sure you stay mired in deep, dark, ignorance. Fortunately for you, I'm not like that .
    Fortunate for us, too, that the rightist media always tells the honest-to-God truth. Fair and balanced, they are! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Only liberals lie.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Since I love to swing my dick everywhere, I thought I'd go ahead and share one of many many MANY recent stories of former global warming asshat political whore scientists who have finally looked up and seen reality for what it is, that global warming is either NOT HAPPENING right now, or that the whole man made greenhouse apocalypse BS is something fit only for a story meant to be told to retarded children. But you never hear these stories because like everything else that doesn't fit the political left's agenda, the media ignores it. They love to make sure you stay mired in deep, dark, ignorance. Fortunately for you, I'm not like that .

Anyway, this article (go find another one on the internet or newspaper if you don't like this one, because no matter which one you read, the reality is the same) tells the story of one of the lead IPCC scientists who has now come out to say that warming has halted and we are in a 30 or so year cooling period.

Scientists pull an about face on global warming

However, he declined to say that global warming believers should just go to hell to find their mythical warming.

Hmm. You watch Fox News, don't you? You may or may not be right, but find some station that's not a total piece of shit.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Fortunate for us, too, that the rightist media always tells the honest-to-God truth. Fair and balanced, they are! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Only liberals lie.
    Exactly! They're so unbiased and heroic and true! Not one of them has ever lied in their life at all!

I just adore NTP sarcasm.

Fair and balanced, my ass. No station's going to be completely unbiased, but stuff like Fox and Washington Post can go to hell. I don't care what side it is, I don't want my news with a side of conservative/liberal bias.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris