User Tag List

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Default political pet peeves for sept 09

I was listening to a radio news program today and became so furious. :steam: It was a piece on how a couple people who were 'victims' of the mortgage scam were coping with things now. Obviously and noteworthily I do not see mortgage lenders as innocent, but how on earth can a person not know they can't afford a certain house, car, etc, payment, nor can they deduce that a certain offer contains a clause (the people interviewed were not illiterate, I mean, one of them was a military veteran!) that states their payment WILL go up in no uncertain future, and then complain that someone took advantage of them? One of the interviewees had an interest rate drop on his house to 3%, shall I disclose if this was the veteran? I do have mercy, so no, I won't! But at any rate, do you think I could get a 3% loan on my little shack of a home? I would like this, you know. It would help me out quite a bit. I may even be able to afford to pay for my cosmetics at some point. What biased journalism too. Where were the pointed questions that asked about personal responsibility and integrity? God it just burns my butt!

What politcal pet peeves do you all have. Post here and vent. It may make life a little better for you, or more peaceful if yourself, cause it did me just now. I have some more but the taxing nature of writing about it plugged my voice. I need to gargle with something and I'll be right back. Thanks!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Other than outright fraud (which is already illegal), I have absolutely no sympathy for the people who got in over their heads during the last bubble. When they complain, I want to tell them to shut the fuck up. Instead of giving this guy a 3%, people should have responded to him with something like...ROFLMAO LRN2READ NOOB! UNINSTALL UR LIFE IDIOT!

I could write pages on political pet peeves, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe some other time.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Other than outright fraud (which is already illegal), I have absolutely no sympathy for the people who got in over their heads during the last bubble. When they complain, I want to tell them to shut the fuck up. Instead of giving this guy a 3%, people should have responded to him with something like...ROFLMAO LRN2READ NOOB! UNINSTALL UR LIFE IDIOT!

I could write pages on political pet peeves, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe some other time.
    I have no sympathy for people who aspire for more than they can afford nor journalists and editors, politicians and capitalists who have no depth beyond their own greed!