User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've researched this topic and I've found that our standard methods of psychology has failed to find a "cure" for pedophilic sexual desires. Short of some advanced therapy or other means that will rehabilitate the pedophile, they've only found that decreasing the sexual drive through chemical castration will work. It's sad that it has to come to this, but if you've raped someone, you may as well accept your punishment.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I believe in restitution for heinous crimes, so a child molester who abuses a child so horrifically that he/she is mentally scarred should be required to work in shitty conditions while incarcerated to pay for that child's psychiatric care.
    As I said I'm against the death penealty even for murder, but abuse to the point of distroying someones life... to me it equates to murder (some would say it's beyond murder)....

Decline, interested that you say psycology hasn't found a cure. I see it as a psyciatric issue... wonder where one starts and the other stops... I'm sure they bun fight over it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

All right... I'm against it. Still... that's like the most awful crime..

Now, let's look at the FACTS.
    Since I'm from Poland, I felt that I should actually take some time to check how it will really look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Woah! That headline is misleading! I assume chemical castration is a bit more reversable than the surgical sort.

The article doesn't say whether its a temporary or permanent treatment.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    If they're talking permanent, I hope they don't wrongly convict anyone.
    Not sure how you apologize for that.
    It's 'chemical castration', which means that it's reversible - 'patient' receives regular intake of drugs similar to these that prostate cancer patients receive. It lowers (almost reduces) libido. You stop taking the drug it comes back to normal.

It's not for every paedophile! - only for those who were convicted of rape of less than 15-year old or raping close family member. The convict will start the treatment 6 months before releasing from prison.

It's already often used (in most of the Western world), but on a convict's wish.

Btw, I think the whole thing happened, because of a wave of public outrage after a 21-year old girl contacted the police that her father raped her multiple times and she had two kids with him. So it's rather a populist move on side of our Prime Minister - yet, the public outrage was so big, that out of all the present members of parliament (400) only one was against it (former minister of Health, to make it funnier...). The rest of them went with 'vox populi'.

So it's much less radical than presented in the article. Yet I still don't really like it - human right to control their body (especially after release from prison). It also seems unnecessary since most convicts want to undertake the treatment anyway.

PS Spain is on their way to have this law too.
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    ENTP

"It's 'chemical castration', which means that it's reversible - 'patient' receives regular intake of drugs similar to these that prostate cancer patients receive. It lowers (almost reduces) libido. You stop taking the drug it comes back to normal."

So it's being sold as a magic bullet.... it's been a long time since I've read up on peds but a lot of the issue is in their heads... putting their JT's out of action just means that they can rape.... how does it work on their thinking? Or is it a question of kill the labido means it impacts their thinking? Sorry if this is stupid I don't know enough about the metal gymnatics of male sex urges...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    how does it work on their thinking? Or is it a question of kill the labido means it impacts their thinking? Sorry if this is stupid I don't know enough about the metal gymnatics of male sex urges...
    Well, maybe it will surprise you, but male sex urge is practically identical to female sex urge.

Ugh.. I don't feel like checking all these articles again. Long story short if the urge to have sex disappears, then the guy.. doesn't want to have sex. The important psychological effect is that it often removes the inner mental conflict: a paedophile who accepts that having sex with kids is (for lack of a better word) 'evil' doesn't have to constantly battle his sex urge.

Anyway the law is rather stupid and populist. Only 1/3 of all child molestations are caused by paedophiles, the rest by regular people, usually under the influence of alcohol and on their own kids.

The debate on the subject continues in our beautiful country, so maybe the law will be lifted - anyway, I've heard that this treatment makes sense only with complex psychological therapy - so if after the therapy a person could stop taking the drugs, then it sounds better.

Ooff...
    Please, no more questions, at least for now - I don't want my post number 100 to be on matter of paedophilia!!!
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I am kind of curious though...I don't know much about the psychology of pedophilia. It's more about power and less about sex itself though, isn't it? I do wonder if the decrease in libido/inability to function sexually would be enough to change the underlying desires. Then again, if they are simply looking for a way to manage the problem it could be effective enough...
    I'm too lazy to research it now, but if anyone else knows more about it...
    Yeah I was going to say that. Its a good point. Would it really stop them or would it just lead them to other forms of deviant behaviour?

I don't even see this as that bad of a thing, at first glance. If the pedophile no longer has a desire to have sex with children, they don't even seem to be being denied anything. It's like telling a person with a life-ruining addiction, "I'm now going to remove your addiction to it." That's like doing them a favor. Looking at it that way, I don't see it as cruel. Many people have low libido and are living perfectly happy lives. I see it as a light sentence. Granted, I'm too lazy to do any research on it. There's probably more to it. But that's what this situation looks like to me.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Am I right in saying some folk on this thread would be pro death penalty but anti castration...
    I think death would be appropriate for proven repeat sexual offenders of a certain classification. (Rapists, Pedophiles) Chemical castration is really just a compromise in my opinion.