User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    With chemical castration, once the Depo Provera shots cease, the condition of being "castrated" ceases as well. In short, it's reversible. It's no different than when the millions of women take depo every month to temporarily halt their normal natural chemical/hormonal reproductive processes, but no one seems to have a problem with that.
    Lol well last time I checked those women were not court ordered to take it

Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea (especially as it is impermanent). I'm in the "let's see how this goes" camp.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Am I right in saying some folk on this thread would be pro death penalty but anti castration... I find that a wee bit weird...

I don't think peads can be rehabilitated, I'd be concerned about miscarraged of justice. As an intervention it would work on so far as committing a penetravie act, but it wont stop them from trading kids, watch or doing other stuff... so it may be an neive intervention....

HOWEVER - the penalty may prevent men taking the risk of acting on their thoughts in the first palce....

I'm not totally anti but I'd want to see how this impacts the population
    I'm in favor of both.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Lol well last time I checked those women were not court ordered to take it
    They didn't commit a heinous crime either.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    They didn't commit a heinous crime either.
    Obviously.

However the comparison just doesn't hold up. Apples to oranges.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

WARSAW (Reuters) Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups.

Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.

"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late last year he wanted obligatory castration for pedophiles, whom he branded 'degenerates'. Tusk said he did not believe "one can use the term 'human' for such individuals, such creatures."
    Yes, misleading headline.

I'll agree that the government has the right to punish people who let their sexual urges get out of the way by taking away that right to an urge. Seems fair enough to me. Your right to much is taken away by prison. Sure, we should be developing effective therapies for criminals, but it seems no one cares about that still. Anyways, maybe the jail times for sex offenders can drop now that they can be chemically altered. I'm sure they'd take that over jailtime anyday.

Also, the PM is a dick.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

For repeat offenders, yeah sure. I'm disgusted with North America's treatment of rapists and pedos I mean honestly you'd have a guy be thrown in jail for sexual molestation and then back out on the streets 4 years later? Only to do it again and just repeat the process.

Hell yes if the dude has been convicted more than once for the same or similar charges. Maybe it'll scare the other kiddy lovers to not idolize Humbert Humbert.
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    People are assuming it's permanent.
    I don't care if it's permanent or just long enough for the bus ride home.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I am kind of curious though...I don't know much about the psychology of pedophilia. It's more about power and less about sex itself though, isn't it? I do wonder if the decrease in libido/inability to function sexually would be enough to change the underlying desires. Then again, if they are simply looking for a way to manage the problem it could be effective enough...
    I'm too lazy to research it now, but if anyone else knows more about it...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm in favor of both.

You see that works for me.... it's harsh but still.

Pure Merc... I can see you see a big difference between taking a life and child molestation or even molestation/mutilation - I guess I find them all equaliy horrific. Tell me, if a child is molested and abused to the point that they end up mentally handicapped needing 24 hour care for the rest of their life - does this count as murder? I guess it's not the typical view of peod crime.

I'm not pro death penalty

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Pure Merc... I can see you see a big difference between taking a life and child molestation or even molestation/mutilation - I guess I find them all equaliy horrific. Tell me, if a child is molested and abused to the point that they end up mentally handicapped needing 24 hour care for the rest of their life - does this count as murder? I guess it's not the typical view of peod crime.

I believe in restitution for heinous crimes, so a child molester who abuses a child so horrifically that he/she is mentally scarred should be required to work in shitty conditions while incarcerated to pay for that child's psychiatric care.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"