User Tag List

123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Census worker hanged from tree with 'Fed etched into his chest

This just recently happened, more should be known about it tomorrow. The obvious possible motive for someone doing this is that the recent rise in extreme right-wing and anti-government sentiment could have influenced it. At this stage it is "an apparent homicide".

AP Source: Hanged Census Worker Had 'Fed' on Chest

MANCHESTER, Ky. (AP) -- A U.S. Census worker found hanged from a tree near a Kentucky cemetery had the word ''fed'' scrawled on his chest, a law enforcement official said Wednesday, and the FBI is investigating whether he was a victim of anti-government sentiment.

Bill Sparkman, a 51-year-old part-time Census field worker and teacher, was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky. The law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity, did not say what type of instrument was used to write ''fed'' on his chest.

The Census Bureau has suspended door-to-door interviews in rural Clay County, where the body was found, pending the outcome of the investigation. An autopsy report is pending.

FBI spokesman David Beyer said the bureau is assisting state police and declined to confirm or discuss any details about the crime scene.

''Our job is to determine if there was foul play involved -- and that's part of the investigation -- and if there was foul play involved, whether that is related to his employment as a Census worker,'' said Beyer.

Attacking a federal worker during or because of his job is a federal crime.

Sparkman's mother, Henrie Sparkman of Inverness, Fla., told The Associated Press her son was an Eagle scout who moved to the area to be a local director for the Boy Scouts of America. He later became a substitute teacher in Laurel County and supplemented that income as a Census worker.

Hanged Census Worker Had 'Fed' on Chest - NYTimes.com

Incidentally, right-wing conspiracy theories concerning the 2010 census and the Fed have been gaining popularity lately..

2010 Census Stirring Up Controversy - Hannity - FOXNews.com
    Michele Bachmann's Census Theories Too Much For Glenn Beck
    Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census - Washington Times
    Michele Bachmann's Census Opposition Worries GOP
    Homeland Security Warns of Rise in Right-Wing Extremism - Politics FOXNews.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    This just recently happened, more should be known about it tomorrow. The obvious possible motive for someone doing this is that the recent rise in extreme right-wing and anti-government sentiment could have influenced it. At this stage it is "an apparent homicide".

Hanged Census Worker Had 'Fed' on Chest - NYTimes.com

Incidentally, right-wing conspiracy theories concerning the 2010 census and the Fed have been gaining popularity lately..

2010 Census Stirring Up Controversy - Hannity - FOXNews.com
    Michele Bachmann's Census Theories Too Much For Glenn Beck
    Minn. lawmaker vows not to complete Census - Washington Times
    Michele Bachmann's Census Opposition Worries GOP
    Homeland Security Warns of Rise in Right-Wing Extremism - Politics FOXNews.com
    I'm guessing that your conspiracy theory (We'll call it the AJblaisin Kentucky Brain Fried Theory) consists of conservative radicals going after a census bureau worker and killing him with anger and hatred, and scribbling FED on his chest so that the FED will somehow be moved by this message left on a poor soul from a completely unrelated agency, and leave police to question what kinds of people would kill with such a method? Anybody who would think to do this is obviously a nut, and with just about every account of violence around protests and political discourse being perpetrated by lefties (including one incidence of attempted framery on right wingers by making the crime scene look like an anti Obama deal, as revealed by the police), I have no reason to suspect it was even done by someone with close idealogical ties to the republican party. In fact, it sounds more like an Alex Jones CONSPIRACY THEORIST/AJblaise type of nuttery. Perhaps the succulent oils of your nuttyness can be used to fry up some more of your half baked delusional conspiracy theories.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I'm guessing that your conspiracy theory (We'll call it the AJblaisin Kentucky Brain Fried Theory) consists of conservative radicals going after a census bureau worker and killing him with anger and hatred, and scribbling FED on his chest so that the FED will somehow be moved by this message left on a poor soul from a completely unrelated agency, and leave police to question what kinds of people would kill with such a method? Anybody who would think to do this is obviously a nut, and with just about every account of violence around protests and political discourse being perpetrated by lefties (including one incidence of attempted framery on right wingers by making the crime scene look like an anti Obama deal, as revealed by the police), I have no reason to suspect it was even done by someone with close idealogical ties to the republican party. In fact, it sounds more like an Alex Jones CONSPIRACY THEORIST/AJblaise type of nuttery. Perhaps the succulent oils of your nuttyness can be used to fry up some more of your half baked delusional conspiracy theories.
    It's probably not an organized thing or conspiracy. Like the Holocaust Museum shooter, I'm guessing this was probably just one person. We'll see.

Thanks for that nonsense though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This doesn't surprise me at all. I worked for the Census earlier this year as a crew leader assistant (or, as I preferred to be called, assistant to the crew leader). We were preparing the address lists and maps for the rest of the decennial Census activities that will be taking place this year and next. It was back in April, and tension was pretty high. Pretty much daily I got an earful from somebody about the Federal government and taxes and this and that. Most people were very civil, even the opinionated ones, but we did have a few scares. I had a few people send their dogs out to "git 'er" and a woman in another crew in our county was actually attacked by dogs that had been sicced on her. One of our crew members even had a shotgun pointed at her face.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

"Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Anybody who would think to do this is obviously a nut, and with just about every account of violence around protests and political discourse being perpetrated by lefties (including one incidence of attempted framery on right wingers by making the crime scene look like an anti Obama deal, as revealed by the police), I have no reason to suspect it was even done by someone with close idealogical ties to the republican party.
    It's about 50/50 really, far extreemes of either side tend to be disgusting, though the far right is more likely to resort to murder, where the far left is more likely to resort to other forms of violence.

Neither side is remotely safe from extremists sadly. The KKK has strong conservative, republican contexts to their horrific deeds, excessive religious enforcement ending in death, assaults against gays, salem witch trials, mcarthyism, and so on are typically right wing antics.

The left wing's no cleaner, either, and the left tends to work from inside the system outwards, causing internal threats which can cause mass death and destruction, such as screwing up government databases, releasing information that's confidential for a reason, and so on.

In most cases, right wing fanatics will kill a few people and make a big deal out of it, but aren't dangerous on a large scale without massive organization. Left wing fanatics tend to ruin economies and governments and cause way more problems in small numbers, but are less likely to resort to individual extremes.

The biggest divide though, seems more to be that the left is more likely to attack whot they percieve to be a government group, while the right's more likely to attack individuals and progressive groups. As this was an individual, but of the government, and of a progressive part of government... it's seriously just a mess.

Honestly, I think this particular case would be more likely to be... actually I have no idea. It could go either way at this point. It depends on if they're upset at government in general, or the current government, if they picked their target because he was convenient, or because they disagreed with the survey. Either way, the individual or group responsible for it, is/are obviously not all there in the head. Especially considering the nature of the guy's route, if he were killed on the job, it would severely narrow the search area down to a tiny location of 2-3 possible suspects by simply questioning each along the route taken.

As the original quote suggests he was going door to door at the time this action occured, chances are they can trace his steps pretty easily, and see how far down the path he got before he disappeared.

This kind of obvious and easy to track crime seems pretty stupid, so it more or less means it shouldn't be too long before we get more media attention on whot happened, and confirmation to any theories.

In any case, I just wanted to state again, that neither "lefties" nor "righties" are any less possible of guilt, and would in fact just have different reasons for their actions. Historically, the right's more prone to extreme measures such as murder, but less likely to do so because of political grounds, and moreso likely to do so based on religious, or personal views. Historical issues don't neccesarily correlate to today's situation though, the possibility of such in the past was far more rare due to a far stronger conservative grasp on the states at the time. Those days are not these days, so situation's a bit different. In any case, there's always exceptions to either side, and any time yeu get violence like this, it's an exception to the norm, so please don't start a left vs right wing war over this. I think we should all be able to just agree that it's screwed up and neither side should want to take any credit for this kind of act.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Attacking a federal worker during or because of his job is a federal crime.
    That jumped out the most,... Do I sense some victim bias?

Left or right, it doesn't matter, the US is on the verge of having another revolution anyways.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Was the hanged man white, or black?...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This is really awful... I have a lot of qualms with the federal government myself but this is not the answer!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    YaYa

If I was pissed at someone that was a federal worker and wanted to kill them, I think the easiest way to throw off the trial would be to write Fed on their chest.