User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    That jumped out the most,... Do I sense some victim bias?
    No, it's agency protection. Flip side is that one of the only things you can ostensibly sue the US government for is if one of its agents in the prosecution of federal duty causes unlawful harm to you. Everything else is under sovereign immunity.

Left or right, it doesn't matter, the US is on the verge of having another revolution anyways.
    Nope. We're too fat and happy. Why would you revolt if that means that American Idol goes off the air?

Revolutions don't start over perceived vague injustices. Revolutions start when two or three of your family members have been killed as a result of these injustices. Many underestimate the level of rage it takes for the average person to seriously commit to overthrowing a government.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    If I was pissed at someone that was a federal worker and wanted to kill them, I think the easiest way to throw off the trial would be to write Fed on their chest.
    I was thinking the same thing. The police are probably more likely to investigate leads related to his work rather than people he knew because of that word.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It's either that, or some crazy federal reserve conspiracy theorist.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Schizophrenic or intellectually challenged hillbilly watches too much Fox News. This is the result.

Not unlike Hinkley thinking that shooting Reagan would impress Jodie Foster. Except without Jodie Foster.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    This doesn't surprise me at all. I worked for the Census earlier this year as a crew leader assistant (or, as I preferred to be called, assistant to the crew leader). We were preparing the address lists and maps for the rest of the decennial Census activities that will be taking place this year and next. It was back in April, and tension was pretty high. Pretty much daily I got an earful from somebody about the Federal government and taxes and this and that. Most people were very civil, even the opinionated ones, but we did have a few scares. I had a few people send their dogs out to "git 'er" and a woman in another crew in our county was actually attacked by dogs that had been sicced on her. One of our crew members even had a shotgun pointed at her face.
    I know the feeling you are talking about too. Worked one summer as a census taker in a rich neighborhood and a relatively modest/poor neighborhood. I was surprised that the lower income folk were a lot more nice/obliging.

The authority to do the census is in the U.S. Constitution by jove! it is completely insane for someone to commit a crime like that. Most of the census workers were pretty laid back people person types and not political.
    So unfair.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Are we sure they meant the Federal government, or is it possible they just didn't finish writing "FedEx," and killed the guy because they mistook him for the FedEx messenger who screwed up an important delivery?

Because personally, I can think of more reasons why someone would be mad at FedEx than the Fed. Seriously, getting your package from them if they don't leave it at your doorstep or you're not there to get it can be an infuriating process. Nobody deals with the Fed directly, so it's not terribly obvious why someone would get angry enough with them to kill a member of them.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Schizophrenic or intellectually challenged hillbilly watches too much Fox News. This is the result.
    I dislike the common notion that schizophrenic people are more likely to commit crimes. It's clear that sober, highly rational people that end up the lone gunman nutjobs. They become emotionally disturbed and feel like outcasts in their minds (thus needing to grind an axe), but are otherwise completely normal. Like any political extremist, I suppose.

Also I was recently left a message on my door by a census worker. All they wrote on their slip was "very important government business, please contact me". If I had a warrant for, say, robbing a bank, and that worker showed up at my door and I was a bit crazed and paranoid, I may just off the guy out of fear. But more than likely the cause of this killing was the brain wave altering rays from the masonic reptilian government's secret satellites. You gotta wear helmets constructed out of metallic material in order to prevent this sort of thing. Say, where's that INTJ guy? He might be able to elaborate more.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Revolutions don't start over perceived vague injustices. Revolutions start when two or three of your family members have been killed as a result of these injustices. Many underestimate the level of rage it takes for the average person to seriously commit to overthrowing a government.
    The original 13 colonies were relatively fat and happy.

We are already broken into states.

I don't think it would take as much to start a revolution as say in South America.

If we do have one hopefully if we had one it would have limited bloodshed like 1989 break up of the USSR's former territories.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hopefully we can decide on a proper border reconstruction.

"Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Hopefully we can decide on a proper border reconstruction.

lol, clever.

I would actually vote to be part of Pacifica.