I live with a whole family full of conspiracy theorists. They read every little conspiracy article on the internet and pile it all away. If you talk to one of them you will hear a lot of interesting beliefs.
1. Ancient royal bloodlines descending from the beginning of civilization continue to control the world through secret organizations like the Free Masons and Illuminati.
2. Earth has a secret space fleet and we are currently engaging in trade with extra terrestrials.
3. The Real ID is a ploy to put chips in every human being so that the government can track our every move and purchase.
4. Cell phone towers are being used at certain frequencies to alter human consciousness.
5. Planes are spraying harmful barium and aluminum particles in the air in chem trails in order to protect us from the spread of fallout from a nuclear explosion that the government is planning to perpetrate and blame on Iran.
6. AIDs was manufactured as a means of controlling the African and gay population.
I am incredibly skeptical of this craziness, but my family holds to their convictions so strongly that I can't close my mind completely to the ideas. So how likely is it that big brother is out to get us? Is there any way to talk a person out of a conspiracy theory once they have one?