User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I live with a whole family full of conspiracy theorists. They read every little conspiracy article on the internet and pile it all away. If you talk to one of them you will hear a lot of interesting beliefs.

1. Ancient royal bloodlines descending from the beginning of civilization continue to control the world through secret organizations like the Free Masons and Illuminati.
    2. Earth has a secret space fleet and we are currently engaging in trade with extra terrestrials.
    3. The Real ID is a ploy to put chips in every human being so that the government can track our every move and purchase.
    4. Cell phone towers are being used at certain frequencies to alter human consciousness.
    5. Planes are spraying harmful barium and aluminum particles in the air in chem trails in order to protect us from the spread of fallout from a nuclear explosion that the government is planning to perpetrate and blame on Iran.
    6. AIDs was manufactured as a means of controlling the African and gay population.

I am incredibly skeptical of this craziness, but my family holds to their convictions so strongly that I can't close my mind completely to the ideas. So how likely is it that big brother is out to get us? Is there any way to talk a person out of a conspiracy theory once they have one?
    A black and white philosophy.

It is not one or the other.

It is one and the other.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A black and white philosophy.

It is not one or the other.

It is one and the other.
    Well said. There is always at least a little truth in everything. So I really shouldn't be believing or not believing in conspiracy theories, but rather attempting to separate the truth from the myth.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Well said. There is always at least a little truth in everything. So I really shouldn't be believing or not believing in conspiracy theories, but rather attempting to separate the truth from the myth.
    Exactly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP

the United States government keeps so much from the public. most of it is irrelevant to the entire state, but much of it would enrage those affected if they knew, which they won't. ignorance is bliss until somebody gets hurt, and someone always does.

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, I think all the stories in the initial post are true.

I think I hear someone knocking at my door.....oh wait.....that sounds like a stealth helicopter. Quick, put up the aluminum foil......