User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    That's because you like to be spoon fed information to your simple minded, infantile view of the world. Other people like to hear ALL the stories instead of utilizing their selective hearing by going to only one political side of the media. Use the great powers of perception mother nature has provided you to achieve greater things, and perhaps even reach average levels of judgment.
    I thought you said you only watch Glenn Beck?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Ad hominem attack
    Excellent work persuading people to join your more delicately acute awareness of world happenings.. :rolli:
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Excellent work persuading people to join your more delicately acute awareness of world happenings.. :rolli:
    You're not worth persuading, hence i don't try. Ignorance is death, truth is life. I care not whether you live or die. My aim is to increase my own vitality, and enjoy myself while doing it. If I'm going to post something for the ignorant masses, I'm not going to sit and pain myself trying to make a fish walk on land as it were. No, I'm just going fulfill my desire to 1. spread the truth and 2. play with you for a bit. Now, that doesn't mean I wont hold a fully serious discussion with someone who is worthy, such as Peguy or.... nobody else who has posted yet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Anyway, here are some of the vids directly, for the Baltimore and NYC locations.

[YOUTUBE="zBKolqRy1qk"]NYC 1[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="JreAUzmf6VM"]NYC 2[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="x5ovj7-gu_U"] Baltimore 1[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="9KlgnKqxPxE"]Baltimore 2[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="qkw_XmUb6w4"]Washington DC 1[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="jGoHGDCdPek"]Washington DC 2[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I had heard a piece of it from my father, but I didn't realize how serious it really was till reading this thread.

Mayhap I'm not the conspiracy-theory type, but usually if someone's sueing someone else over videos because they're illegally videotaped it's not because they're fake.

Trust me when I say prostitution is not a major crime in my head, and I still fail to see why it's illegal at all for adults at least.. but it boils my blood to listen to someone give advice like "Just don't file your taxes" and advocating illegal activity. Just because it shouldn't be illegal doesn't make it right to do. At least not yet. Terribly revolting, thanks for posting it Risen.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

I thought massive voter-registration fraud was a much bigger deal, but if this keeps ACORN away from tax dollars and the Census bureau, I'm not complaining.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

If that ain't sublimation, I don't know what is...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    there is a difference between racism and criticism. racism should be called out, don't you think?
    Actual racism, yes. Knee-jerk accusations of racism delivered with the intent to intimidate and/or marginalize dissenting opinions, no. I've seen and heard a lot of the latter among news outlets recently.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

When I first heard about this, I sort of blew it off figuring it was another absurdity, like "death panels". But now that I have more information, I think this is actually pretty serious. And this didn't just happen in one branch, so you can't really blame it on morally bankrupt individuals. To me, it looks like the problem might be systematic.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

ACORN falls off the tree

ACORN falls off the tree
    September 15, 2:48 PMTampa Political Buzz ExaminerKyle Sennett
    Previous
    Comment Print Email RSS Subscribe
    Subscribe

Get alerts when there is a new article from the Tampa Political Buzz Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use.
    Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
    Terms of Use

Police head into an ACORN regional office - Photo: AP / Jae C. Hong, File

On Monday, the Senate voted to deny HUD funds to ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. The Senate measure will be reconciled with a similar House measure passed in July. ACORN, long considered an ally of the Democratic party, has recently come under fire for a series of video released which cast the organization's credibility and motives in doubt. ACORN is also under suspicion, and in some cases investigation, for a spate of voter registration fraud claims. The group has come back into national focus due to a scandal involving two undercover video tapes which show ACORN organizers telling a man and woman posing as a prostitute and her pimp how to report her income to the government, and how to lie to a bank to get a mortgage. ACORN has responded to the allegations by claiming that the tapes were dubbed over or staged in some way to make them seem more incriminating that they are. However, the steady pile-up of evidence and negative publicity across the country is doing little to ease the burden on ACORN. A third video tape documenting the same behavior was released yesterday. ACORN is crumbling under the pressure, closing offices so far in Ohio, Michigan and Texas, with California and Missouri offices "barely operating," according to Karen Innman, a former management board member of ACORN and now member of the "ACORN 8," a group trying to reform ACORN.

Here is the video from Fox News:

In 2008, then-Sen. Obama's involvement with the group came under a magnifying glass, first in August when Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign accused Obama-retained ACORN operatives of voter suppression, intimidation and fraud, then again in October when the FBI raided ACORN offices in Nevada and North Carolina on verified claims that the group had filed fraudulent voter registrations. The National Review, while pathologically anti-Obama, has a well-vetted article discussing the President's extensive ties to ACORN. In fairness to the president, it should also be noted that many Democrats have ties to ACORN, as the group and its affiliates have worked for dozens of political campaigns.

ACORN is under investigation nation-wide at this point. In Miami on Sept. 9th, 11 ACORN workers were arrested on charges of voter registration fraud. It was found that out of 1400 voter registration cards collected by the group, 888 were falsified, more than half. The 11 workers will face two felony charges each: false swearing in connection with voting and submission of false voter registration information. Interestingly, the tip to the FBI was submitted by ACORN itself, possibly to curry lenience in future cases, which are plentiful. In late August , Christopher Edwards, an ex-director of ACORN's Las Vegas operation reached a plea deal involving testifying against the group, admitting to compensating workers with bonuses for signing up voters. Edwards plead guilty to two counts of conspiracy to commit the crime of compensation for registration of voters, which Chief Deputy Nevada Attorney General Conrad Hafen said strengthens the federal case against ACORN, and another of its organizers, Amy Busefink.

On Friday, just days before the Senate measure, the Census Bureau also severed ties with ACORN. Census Director Robert Groves stated in a letter, It is clear that Acorns affiliation with the 2010 census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 census efforts."