User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    I think clean water is an important issue, but you know.. some people think ignorance is bliss, when they don't think about long-term consequences. If they cannot directly see what the problem is, then there is no problem.. (denial).

In my community, we re-use water that comes from the toilet, sink, drainage system. Somehow, the water plant companies passed a law stating that we cannot install soft-water tanks for use, because it would violate HOA rules.

Think about it- if there are several different chemicals that go into the drainage system among other things (not to sound crude- human fecal matter), think about the types of chemicals they use to 'try' to 'neutralize' these toxic wastes. How many times can they recycle/reuse before these chemicals become less effective?

My friends and I notice that we're losing more hair (in some areas where there are patches) than normal due to the water that's running out of our showers.. I'm sure there is some level of toxicity in the water that contributes to it..
    Water companies cannot pass laws.

Many of the water usage laws are actually a result of environmental activism from previous decades. For instance, look at septic tanks. Septic tanks, when properly installed and maintained, are environmentally and economically superior to sewer systems. The problem with septic systems is that most people are stupid and lazy. Many people don't properly maintain them and they end up with blackwater in the drain field. People blame the septic system instead of the retards who were supposed to maintain it.

Greywater re-usage suffers from the same type of regulation even though it is typically less toxic than blackwater.

I would support rewriting or repealing many of the inadequate water usage laws, but don't start throwing blame around haphazardly.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Think about it- if there are several different chemicals that go into the drainage system among other things (not to sound crude- human fecal matter), think about the types of chemicals they use to 'try' to 'neutralize' these toxic wastes. How many times can they recycle/reuse before these chemicals become less effective?
    uh, water treatment plants do not use pesticides, antibiotics or recreational drugs to treat the water.

salt on a slug will react with its chemistry every time...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I think clean water is an important issue, but you know.. some people think ignorance is bliss, when they don't think about long-term consequences. If they cannot directly see what the problem is, then there is no problem.. (denial).

In my community, we re-use water that comes from the toilet, sink, drainage system. Somehow, the water plant companies passed a law stating that we cannot install soft-water tanks for use, because it would violate HOA rules.

My friends and I notice that we're losing more hair (in some areas where there are patches) than normal due to the water that's running out of our showers.. I'm sure there is some level of toxicity in the water that contributes to it..
    You wouldn't happen to live near the Orange County water facility would you? I remember going there with a gf of mine a while back cause she was doing some kind of report on it and they were freakin trying to brainwash us. "California has the cleanest water" slogan or some bs while showing us how they refilter our sewage piss and shit water to use to bath and drink. The thing they don't understand is the energy that water can absorb and trust me, with everyone probably swearing while taking a dump the water can't possibly be that good, no matter how good their micro filters are, all the monks in the world giving prayer probably can't revitalize that water.