User Tag List

12 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Have Wiggletoesalot syndrome? We have a pill for that too!

I can not be the only one that is noticing these ridiculous commercials offering you a quick fix for some random disease that no one has even heard of. My brother and I were joking around yesterday thinking of the new types of drugs they'll release next year. Like so...:

"Do you find that you're shifting your weight while sitting throughout the day? After sitting for countless hours, do you discover that once you stand up your joints feel tired and strained? Well, you may have sitalot syndrome. A serious disease that causes discomfort while sitting down for long periods of time. [Some old person looks out the window with a ~lost and depressed look on her face]. But suffer no more, for there is Felalex. A pill that has been proven to help ease your aches so you cant sit for longer than 5hrs per day [camera shows kids running through a meadow/an old couple dances at a party/mother pushes child on swing]. Suffer no more, ask your doctor about Felalex [camera shows a young couple getting married and a middle aged man surfing] Side effects include: diarrhea, stroke, hair loss, weight loss or gain, dry mouth, dry eye, deterioration of retina, thoughts of suicide, cancer, heart palpations, dizziness, blindness, psoriasis, heart attacks, and sometimes even death. Ask your doctor about Felalex, and be a better you."

Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Have Wiggletoesalot syndrome? We have a pill for that too!
    Where can I get some of these pills? I. Need. Them. Stat!

your resident asshole

I love how people buy into these magic weight loss pills that supposedly make you lose weight doing nothing. Come to think of it, I could just put tapeworm in a pill and sell it. :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I love how people buy into these magic weight loss pills that supposedly make you lose weight doing nothing. Come to think of it, I could just put tapeworm in a pill and sell it. :P
    I'm sure people would buy it. Haha
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Phantonym

^
    Ha! Yes. I love those magic weight loss patches that let you eat aaaanything you want and still lose tons of weight without lifting a finger :rolli: Ooh...infomercials...endless source of amusement

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

People would buy anything to fix any of their problems. It's good for business.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

This is a poor example since this drug is for arthritis, but the commercial is about two minutes long and 90% of it is about the side effects.

YouTube - Celebrex Ad

Read my Blog.

your resident asshole

Yeah, I know what you mean. With all the side effects of drugs that I see on commercials, I don't see why anyone would want them. I dunno about you guys, but "death" as a side effect doesn't really make me want to take it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Have toenail fungus? We can help! Ask your doctor . . .

Side effects may include death.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

It reminds me of the movie Grandma's boy where the woman's entire diet consisted of 100's of different pills in a tacklebox
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge