Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Because it would show that they have lost respect for humanity and place far more importance on themselves. That is such a sad and egocentric way of thinking that I couldn't help but feel sorry for someone who is so disconnected from their fellow man.
    Have you not yet learned that happiness is your responsibility?

Worry about yourself before other people. Take care of yourself, let others take care of themselves. Stop depending on others, you weak-minded fools! Do your own thinking!!! I keep saying this again and again but it never gets through.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post

Worry about yourself before other people. Take care of yourself, let others take care of themselves. Stop depending on others, you weak-minded fools! Do your own thinking!!! I keep saying this again and again but it never gets through.
    But helping other people makes me happy. I get a huge sense of satisfaction from easing the burden of others. I'm never happy just looking out for myself. I want to feel connected to the world and form bonds with others. And I prefe tor take care of myself so that I can more effectively protect others.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a nihilist, I think it's impossible to eliminate racism, sexism and other kinds of prejudice. Humans are social animals and like all social animals, they will congregate in groups. Congregation requires discrimination...we have to arrange our groups based on some critera. Color, gender and religious belief make for easy criteria to apply. I really think it's as simple as that.

Making things worse, humans are also violent by nature and will fight with those they don't congregate with. The argument that "we are intelligent enough to overcome our nature" sounds like a pipe dream to me. I think our hard-wiring is much more resilent than that. Every now and then, with effort, we can rise above our nature and do a noble thing. But most of the time we're stuck in the muck with everyone else.
    Nihilism?
    Do not be so modest!
    I say makeshift exegetics of a raving rover.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

But helping other people makes me happy. I get a huge sense of satisfaction from easing the burden of others. I'm never happy just looking out for myself. I want to feel connected to the world and form bonds with others. And I prefe tor take care of myself so that I can more effectively protect others.
    Here's why all NFs must be destroyed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you were only worried about yourself, would you be advising us to focus on ourselves for our own good over and over again, or would you just take your own advice, and do whatever you wanted, and keep the secret to yourself? So that no one else could figure it out, and you would be one of smartest people, and no one else would know why?

That being said, I pretty much do what makes me happy. I spend all day configuring computers, playing video games, and reading forums. The only thing I do for other people is homework... and I guess really, I'm doing that so I can have a job at some point. You can focus on your own agenda while being nice to others, which may even encourage them to help you, or at least discourage them from getting in your way. The two aren't incompatible.

MBTI
    INTj

Pardon the interruption. . . but are we going to vote on the title categories or what?

Because I'm ready to do so after the poll is created.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I could be seen by many as holding very prejudice views and being a bigot, but my prejudice is against bigots themselves. Unfortunately I apply that prejudice through stereotyping, and personally I don't feel bad for doing so.

My prejudice relates to what I know through 31yrs of experience with this particular grouping of people, not only does the stereotype fit, but it fits like a glove.

I am a bigot when it comes to this grouping of people, because they themselves run on bigotry and hypocrisy, on prejudices so bad that they will murder for them.

I think that's pretty fair for me to be a bigot about them right back.
    Prejudice against prejudice is even more ignorant. After all, most people have a legitimate excuse for their prejudice.

And racial prejudice has less to do with ignorance and much more to do with experience. And what better education is there than experience?

MBTI
    OMNi

Prejudice against prejudice is even more ignorant. After all, most people have a legitimate excuse for their prejudice.

And racial prejudice has less to do with ignorance and much more to do with experience. And what better education is there than experience?
    Why do you pick my threads to try to rattle people's cages.

Oh well, it keeps things interesting.

Actually, as a bisexual male from Wyoming, I can say I have plenty of legitimate experiences with prejudice and intolerance. I never particularly cared for homophobes. In fact, once you have felt discrimination, you can far better emphasize with others who are being discriminated against for their race, creed, etc. So I think it is fair to say I was prejudice against the prejudiced. But the difference is, that I actually overcame my prejudice, because I realized that racist, sexist, and bigoted people just aren't worth the energy to hate. And once you let go of that, all that is left is pity. Because while I could overcome my disgust and hatred for them, they were left suffering because they couldn't stop generalizing from their experiences.

But even that view has become moot, because long ago I realized that everyone is their own person, and it neither makes sense nor is fair to generalize and judge anyone from my limited experience. Of course, if being able to emphasize and change my perception makes me ignorant, then I'm sorry.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why do you pick my threads to try to rattle people's cages.

Oh well, it keeps things interesting.

Actually, as a bisexual male from Wyoming, I can say I have plenty of legitimate experiences with prejudice and intolerance. I never particularly cared for homophobes. In fact, once you have felt discrimination, you can far better emphasize with others who are being discriminated against for their race, creed, etc. So I think it is fair to say I was prejudice against the prejudiced. But the difference is, that I actually overcame my prejudice, because I realized that racist, sexist, and bigoted people just aren't worth the energy to hate. And once you let go of that, all that is left is pity. Because while I could overcome my disgust and hatred for them, they were left suffering because they couldn't stop generalizing from their experiences.

But even that view has become moot, because long ago I realized that everyone is their own person, and it neither makes sense nor is fair to generalize and judge anyone from my limited experience. Of course, if being able to emphasize and change my perception makes me ignorant, then I'm sorry.
    Well, one can make a case saying that homosexuals get on their nerves. I'd say that's a pretty valid reason for someone not to like them. Another example is that I don't like black people because I was jumped by six of them in my youth. And most seem to have that kind of aggressive or fake "bad-ass" attitude that I despise. I'd say that prejudice is pretty justifiable.

How do you determine which culture is better? The only answer is through war. Whichever culture wins is the one that's better. This is why war is such a beautiful thing.

The truth to everything is so obvious yet so subtle.

EDIT: And let's not forget that white people suffer the same kind of prejudice and discrimination as others, but people fail to realize it. Not all white people are racist rednecks, believe it or not.

MBTI
    OMNi

Another example is that I don't like black people because I was jumped by six of them in my youth. And most seem to have that kind of aggressive or fake "bad-ass" attitude that I despise. I'd say that prejudice is pretty justifiable.
    If you are trying to make a case for hating people, then that is your right. You are allowed to hate anyone you want. If you are trying to make a case that all black people are the same because you had a bad experience with some and don't like how some of them act, then that is your burden. I learned long ago that I can't change anyone's mind.

Either way, as long as you keep it to yourself and don't drag others into it, then it really isn't anyone's issue but your own. I feel sorry for you because you are limited in what you can experience since you have given into hate. I just find it sad that even though you are clearly intelligent enough to objectively challenge those views, you have decided to rationalize them instead. But we all deal with our own trauma in our own ways. You were hurt by some people in the past and you found a way to justify it. You decided that black people are bad. I hope some day you can overcome those perceptions and find peace with the past so that you can enjoy people for who they are and not for what you see them as.