User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Alright guys, I'll bring the popcorn, who wants to bring the drinks?

Sniffles

"Data continue to show that certain medical conditions increase the risk of severe and fatal illness. These include respiratory disease, notably asthma, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and immunosuppression," WHO said.
    Great, just what I needed to hear.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by deepthought View Post
    WHO warns of severe form of swine flu - Yahoo! News does anyone really think it would kill of 1/3 of the global population. discuss
    Where does it say that in the article? All I can see is:

Because hardly anyone has immunity to the new H1N1 virus, experts believe it will infect far more people than usual, as much as a third of the population.
    It says infect, not kill.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Who-here-thinks-the-swine-flu-has-more-to-do-with-the-suns-recent-activity,-like-its-sunspots-for-example?....

Do-some-research,-and-you-will-see-how-detrimental-of-an-effect-this-has-on-us-on-a-daily-basis...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENFP

so your saying that the increased radiation is going to cause more mutations?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    Wouldn't-that-be-a-given?

All-I'm-saying-is,-pandemics-and-there-severity-seem-to-be-cyclic,-and-possibly-in-conjunction-with-the-many-different-cycles-of-the-sun....It-was-just-a-thought!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    ScienceDirect - Medical Hypotheses : A hypothesis: Sunspot cycles may detect pandemic influenza A in 1700–2000 A.D.

... Bump!

I would also suspect that one with a Vitamin D deficiency could be the most susceptible to this H1N1 strain!

Vitamin D Deficiency Prevented By Weekly And Biweekly Vitamin D2

Thoughts?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I am positive that I had it a couple months ago when I was trapped in Tampa. I was sick for two-three weeks with flu like symptoms, but with vomiting, etc. I felt like complete shit. And it seemed like everyone around us was getting sick with the same thing.

Anyway, from what I've read as long as you rest and drink your fluids you shouldn't die from it. Kind of like common sense, no?
    If you had flu-like symptoms, you probably just had the seasonal flu. H1N1 has different symptoms. That's part of the reason so many people die from it. They don't recognize the symptoms and go to the hospital after it's too late.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If you had flu-like symptoms, you probably just had the seasonal flu. H1N1 has different symptoms. That's part of the reason so many people die from it. They don't recognize the symptoms and go to the hospital after it's too late.
    Symptoms

Almost always:

* Cough and fever

Common:

* Fatigue
    * Muscle aches
    * Sore throat
    * Headache
    * Decreased appetite
    * Runny nose

Sometimes:

* Nausea
    * Vomitting
    * Diarrhea

These are the official symptoms of H1N1. They are... pretty much the same as the flu.

The flu itself is far from a light ended thing to start with, most people view the flu as being no more dangerous than a cold, when in fact it's generally quite lethal to alot of people.

The only reason that H1N1 is a danger, though, isn't that it has anything to do with the regular flu, but rather that it's of the same genetic variety that caused previous outbreaks which were highly lethal, such as the spanish flu.

Currently, H1N1 is really not much more dangerous than the seasonal flu, it sucks a little more, it lasts a little longer, but for most people there's not really much increased risk.

The problem with H1N1, is that it has the potential to mutate into a far more dangerous variety; one which triggers an overreaction in the immune system, especially around the lung region, causing the lungs to fill with mucus and eventually yeu drown. The stronger yeur immune system, the greater the chance of the overreaction and death. This's why it's potentially a major problem. Every new case that goes around, changes it ever so slightly as it adapts to that person's body. In time, it may just happen to bump into the ideal conditions which allow it to transform into this far more dangerous version.

That hasn't happened yet. As such, it's really not that much more of a threat than the standard flu at this time.

Those who have breathing or lung based disorders though, they want to keep as far the hell away from it though, as the chances are, if it's going to mutate into the high fatality version of itself, it'll probably do so in hosts with damaged or debilitated lungs. In it's current form, it's a bit more dangerous to those with lung issues as well, but not nearly as much as the reverse would be once it changed, assuming it ever does.

There's a good possibility that the virus may NEVER change into the more deadly mutated form, and it'll all blow over.

Or it may switch next week and we're all screwed.

For the moment, though, don't panic. There's no reason to bother worrying about it until it actually goes psycho on us.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

So the sky is falling?

Again. *sigh*
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations