User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I see the point, but it is newsworthy...

It's happening in the middle of the Summer - as i said we had an estimated 100,000 cases in hot weather in July. The numbers were way higher than max winter conditions for a regular flu season. In July.

Secondly, it's causing fatalities at a low rate, sure, but in odd sectors.. instead of being the elderly - this time they seem to have higher resistance due to something they were exposed to if one is over 65 now.

instead it seems to hit pregnant mothers, kids and stuff. So *sure* it is small numbers, but when kids die of flu in the middle of summer, even in small numbers, and there are 100,000 cases in a week. Isnt that worthy of media and public concern? I think so.

Now, I dont think its worthy of hysteria however!
    Alright yeu do have a point here, it can be considered newsworthy to a degree, and probably should be reported just for the sake of making sure people take it into account.

Wait whot am I saying? Agreeing? ZOMG! I challange yeu to a duel to the death! O.o

Or something

Anyways, I do agree that the news should keep tabs on it, but they have a bad tendancy of blowing things way out of proportion and inciting hysteria of the masses for the sake of ratings. Bad way to do things, but yay for sensationalism. It doesn't help that the general news watching populace seems more interested in hollywood-esque IN YEUR FACE ACTION! than they are in actually recieving relevant information.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Alright yeu do have a point here, it can be considered newsworthy to a degree, and probably should be reported just for the sake of making sure people take it into account.

Wait whot am I saying? Agreeing? ZOMG! I challange yeu to a duel to the death! O.o

Or something

Anyways, I do agree that the news should keep tabs on it, but they have a bad tendancy of blowing things way out of proportion and inciting hysteria of the masses for the sake of ratings. Bad way to do things, but yay for sensationalism. It doesn't help that the general news watching populace seems more interested in hollywood-esque IN YEUR FACE ACTION! than they are in actually recieving relevant information.
    It doesnt seem quite so in your face in the UK. The Health service seem to be handling it very well, and at the moment the media is quite relaxed. So, all the doctor's offices have signs on the door saying "if you have the following symptoms, go home and phone this helpline, don't come in". That seems to be helping. We also have a buddy system where you allocate someone to go collect drugs and things. Finally, you self quarantine for 7 days.

The local doctors and health helpline have been fantastic (I've had call to speak to them two or three times, and they were reassuring, relaxed and talked down the importance of it all)

In an at risk sector you might need special help, but most people will be fine with that set up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Had to do it.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I caught it on Friday. Ugh.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Yeah, it reminds me of that South Park where they show a news story explaining that a possible plane crash was averted and that no one was hurt, but THIS IS HOW BAD IT COULD HAVE BEEN!! and proceed to show a dramatized video of the plane crashing into a school and everybody dying.

I swear, the US and its scaremongering media!
    Ughh that was actually Family Guy.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Yeah, it reminds me of that South Park where they show a news story explaining that a possible plane crash was averted and that no one was hurt, but THIS IS HOW BAD IT COULD HAVE BEEN!! and proceed to show a dramatized video of the plane crashing into a school and everybody dying.

I swear, the US and its scaremongering media!
    I was actually thinking about the South Park episode where they all run away from global warming.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm not worried. Even if I were to catch it, I'm sure I'd survive.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I was hellishly sick for about three weeks earlier in the summer. I wonder if I already had it. I hope so.
    Damn really? So was I, and so was my INFJ friend. wtf is this an intuitive seeking sickness? because I was exposed to a lot of other people and they didn't get sick for some reason. I'm kinda joking about seeking intuitives but you never know maybe I'm paranoid.

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Good thing I already had it!
    Under Construction

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Swine flu predicted to affect half of America

And not just half of America, but half of the whole world.