User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think drinking to the point of intoxication is reckless. Saying this kid isn't aware of a liver condition doesn't mean it takes the responsibility of drinking out of his hands.

Clearly, after I put in my "I think" two cents, I said judging the kid doesn't do much good. The situation is, a kid's dying and needs a liver. So, I hope he gets one and does the right thing.
    Going against your signature there, eh?
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Going against your signature there, eh?
    True story there. I mean, all the evidence does that whole "responsibility clearly lies within the boy" thing. I hope he gets one and livse because.. well. It'd suck for him if he died. If he didn't get one though, and the family wasn't generous enough to donate, than I still wouldn't feel ever-so sympathetic for the boy. He made an adult decision as an adult and took the consequences. People die of shit they didn't know they had all the time. Diabetics eat cupcakes and die because they didn't figure out their spleen sucks.. and what-not. Either way it goes, ignorance doesn't excuse responsibility. It never has, and it never will, and sometimes that just totally sucks for us adults. Teh end.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    he's 19 in college of course he's likely to drink, its part of college life. And I mean this is whats wrong with the world is acting like its the end of the world if you drink underage. He probably like everyone else said has something else wrong with his liver beyond the fact he drank alcohol, so I say he should get a liver and find out what else is wrong. Quit persecueting him, and others just because he drank underage. It's fucking elitist and annoying, so get off your high horse and before you judge him get to know him beyond the article,fuck I hope all you people who might need a liver in the future get rejected, because you're too lame to live.

Sorry my point is he's 19 and in college its very likely he's going to drink, especially if he wasn't expecting liver failure. And so many people binge drink at 19 and never need new livers, so yeah quit saying it's because he drank. Most of you when you say stuff like this don't know what you're talking about or you get the facts skewed to fit your view. There's not a enough info on this kid, to say whats wrong so I don't know whats wrong, but I'm willing to bet he's an average 19 year old who will party for a few years then graduate school, have to get a career and probably have a family and decide to not drink as much.
    The kid's in the UK, right? Drinking age there is 18, not 21. He's fully within his rights to drink.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The kid's in the UK, right? Drinking age there is 18, not 21. He's fully within his rights to drink.
    Oh so then this makes the whole situation even more retarted.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    NICE

An update. I'm beginning to take a shine to this young man.

Binge drink teen left hospital to visit pub - Home News, UK - The Independent

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Wow, it's probably more cost effective if the UK just lets this kid die.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    NICE

An old pal, Ray, was diagnosed with cancer. He was treated, briefly, in Hammersmith.

There are 3 pubs across the road from the hospital in Hammersmith. Each one served him a pint without question (while he was in his housecoat and slippers).

He was moved to another hospital with only one pub in close proximity. They refused to serve him.

Ergo. Each of the 3 pubs had a vested interest in serving Ray, as he'd have been served in the remaining two pubs (probably) had he been refused; the latter didn't, as she had a monopoly.

Business is business. Even on the cancer ward.

If you think anyone gives a fuck for this lost soul, think again. Supply of livers is scarce; supply of booze is not.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I wonder if his parents decided to tell him what's up after that!
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]