User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Now that REALLY wasn't relevant to this thread.
    No, I want to read it. You tell me what MY world view is.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I actually always liked Colmes better, even though I disliked his politics; the few times I actually watched the show, he seemed to operate through pointed, Socratic questioning, calm presentation, and stoic intractability against loud and numerically superior opposition, which reminded me of the way I always debated when I was outnumbered by leftist friends and classmates. I hear many among the liberal blogosphere viewed him as a weakling, but I noticed that over time several of my friends/classmates would adopt certain aspects of my positions and reasoning as their own, without apparently even realizing it-I wouldn't be surprised if a similar dynamic was at play with some of the Hannity/Colmes audience.
    Colmes did a good job at what he was supposed to come off as. Of course, he stuck to the moderate-leaning script regardless so as not to throw off the delicately balanced (and fair?) conservative bias to the whole show.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP

at the very least, this is a brilliant marketing move.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Democrats couldn't win before 2008 without winning in the South. That's changed now. That's the important part.
    You are assuming that is a permanent state of affairs based on the results of an election that was largely decided on the basis of a recession? You are engaging in wishful thinking.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

A huge portion of the conservative base loves Hannity, Palin, Beck, Bachmann etc. And would vote for any one of them.

But when we look at demographics, multiracial Americans are the fastest growing group, and old white social conservatives are starting to die off. I suspect it will be harder and harder for Republicans to rely mostly on this voting block.

Obama will get re-elected, unless something really unexpected happens (like Republicans finding a quality candidate).

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You are assuming that is a permanent state of affairs based on the results of an election that was largely decided on the basis of a recession? You are engaging in wishful thinking.
    Realignment, bud. You think anyone in 1947 thought that the South would ever vote for any Republican ever?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Hannity wouldn't win (unless Obama screws up big time). People see him as too radical.
    Not a lot of people are liking Obama's health care plan- if he does more things like that and/or the economy is still in poor shape.. Obama could very well lose in 2012.
    It wouldn't even be because he was that terrible of a president- people simply vote by their pocketbooks.

Tim Pawlenty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this guy has a good shot of winning the 2012 election.
    I would support a Pawlenty/Romney ticket or a Romney/Pawlenty ticket.

To slightly contradict what I said before about people voting by their pocketbooks- if Sarah Palin ran for President.. Obama would get in.
    Every Democrat should be supporting Palin running for President in 2012- the same way Rush Limbaugh really wanted Hillary to be the candidate instead of Obama.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Hahahaha. Sean Hannity. Hahahaha. He wishes. What a moron. Hahahha. What a buffoon. Fox News=Easily Mocked with zero credibility.

Obama will win by a landslide in 2012. Republicans don't have a shit's chance in hell of winning. Out of touch and out of luck.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Palin is an incredibly dumb, crazy person and I'm sick to death of her.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrannies View Post
    Hahahaha. Sean Hannity. Hahahaha. He wishes. What a moron. Hahahha. What a buffoon. Fox News=Easily Mocked with zero credibility.

Obama will win by a landslide in 2012. Republicans don't have a shit's chance in hell of winning. Out of touch and out of luck.

I was pointing out earlier that people thought the same with George H. W. Bush 19-20 years ago, and he lost. The economy is always #1. If we're doing well, Obama wins easily. If things are still tough 30 months from now, Obama will be weak and primed for a fall (assuming the GOP nominates someone electable).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"