User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    not Sarah Palin
    I don't see what so bad about her. i haven't seen her lie thru her teeth at the detriment of millions of people, and she supports alaska independence. which is all very cool stuff IMO.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    At first, I thought this was funny, but then I realized he could win. Obama just needs to fumble in the following years, and Hannity has a big enough ego to do it. His following plus Obama's failure could defnitely give him a win.
    Then we would have president Sean Hannity. At that point, the USA would officially jump the shark. Historians will look back and call Hannity the American Niro.
    I really don't think Hannity can win. Not the general election, anyway. He's *far* too polarizing. He'd probably do well with the neoconservative supporters, and with some particularly dishonest campaigning (as opposed to regular dishonest campaigning) he might even win the Republican primary... but he'd likely get *no* support from anyone else. There is far too much footage of him saying inflammatory uber-partisan things. He's far more likely to play attack-dog than to run as a viable candidate himself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Didn't the DNC controlled congress have a lower approval rating than Bush at the end of his term? It's difficult to see republicans winning, especially Hannity, but it's still early in the game like others have said.

He's close to having those Michael Dukakis caterpillar brows.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Sean Hannity is a blazing moron. While I realize that he has a certain conservative following, I also know that ALL Republicans are not that idiotic. He would not win.

Obama hasn't failed, either. In fact he looks like a real winner compared to Bush even if the predictably loud and obnoxious Right wingers are making asses out of themselves in public scenes as usual.

Obama actually looks terrible compared to Bush in "success" when comparing Obama of August 2009 with Bush of August 2001.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    They said the same thing about the Democrats in 1991, and this time the election is three years away.
    I don't really see how today and 1991 are analogous in this sense. The Democrats weren't a regional rump party then. They controlled Congress, as well.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    At first, I thought this was funny, but then I realized he could win. Obama just needs to fumble in the following years, and Hannity has a big enough ego to do it. His following plus Obama's failure could defnitely give him a win.
    Then we would have president Sean Hannity. At that point, the USA would officially jump the shark. Historians will look back and call Hannity the American Niro.

I could see Hannity/Ryan or Hannity/Romney or Hannity/Pawlenty. Actually, I can see those tickets all too well in my mind, and I see them getting A LOT of support.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hannity is so fucking ridiculous, I literally become speechless with disdain when I think about him or even think about describing him. That man is utter scum to me.

EDIT: Also agree with Tobias up there^
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    oh my god hannity/colmes 2012
    I can imagine campaign commercials patterned after The Odd Couple now...

I actually always liked Colmes better, even though I disliked his politics; the few times I actually watched the show, he seemed to operate through pointed, Socratic questioning, calm presentation, and stoic intractability against loud and numerically superior opposition, which reminded me of the way I always debated when I was outnumbered by leftist friends and classmates. I hear many among the liberal blogosphere viewed him as a weakling, but I noticed that over time several of my friends/classmates would adopt certain aspects of my positions and reasoning as their own, without apparently even realizing it-I wouldn't be surprised if a similar dynamic was at play with some of the Hannity/Colmes audience.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Hannity is so fucking ridiculous, I literally become speechless with disdain when I think about him or even think about describing him. That man is utter scum to me.
    And most media sites suggest a troubling tone from the right. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I can imagine campaign commercials patterned after The Odd Couple now...

I actually always liked Colmes better, even though I disliked his politics; the few times I actually watched the show, he seemed to operate through pointed, Socratic questioning, calm presentation, and stoic intractability against loud and numerically superior opposition, which reminded me of the way I always debated when I was outnumbered by leftist friends and classmates. I hear many among the liberal blogosphere viewed him as a weakling, but I noticed that over time several of my friends/classmates would adopt certain aspects of my positions and reasoning as their own, without apparently even realizing it-I wouldn't be surprised if a similar dynamic was at play with some of the Hannity/Colmes audience.
    +1. Colmes sticks to his principles and doesn't deviate no matter how popular the koolaid was in his own party to influence what he argued. Consistent, if you will.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I don't really see how today and 1991 are analogous in this sense. The Democrats weren't a regional rump party then. They controlled Congress, as well.
    The point was that politics can change very rapidly. As for controlling Congress, that didn't last very long, did it? And I think you underestimate just how far to the left of the general electorate Pelosi and her crew are; like the Republicans before them, they are mistaking a "throw the bastards out" mentality with an ideological mandate, alienating moderates and disillusioned center-rights who might not have even noticed a stealthier implementation of their agenda.