User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you willing to sacrifice?

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

I don't have a car.

I try to use less plastic bags.

I'm not really overconsuming much, it's just not my way, and I can't afford to.

I've intentionally unencumbered myself of the majority of my material posessions before. Purposefully.

Even if I did have more money, which I probably will some day, I wouldn't be into overconsumption. I agree with you.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

it's tea time! Array Walking Tourist's Avatar

I also don't have a car. Sometimes, I walk long distances (more than five miles) to get to my destination. This keeps me healthier, I think.
    I buy very few books... mostly what I buy are pattern books for crochet because I really need to keep those and refer to them. For the most part, I use the public library as my "book club." I've discovered the joy of interlibrary loan.
    I rarely buy clothes. Mostly I buy them at garage sales. I do like going to garage sales and, sometimes, I am able to buy old beads and redesign them and restring them and make "new" jewelry.
    I gave up soft drinks a while ago and no longer miss them. I prefer water with a little lemon juice to a soft drink.
    That's all I can think of for now.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.