User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Burqini

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

If it's a swimsuit, my opinion is that there is too much fabric. I'd have to feel it irl to know for sure, but personally I wouldn't want to wear it wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    If it's a swimsuit, my opinion is that there is too much fabric. I'd have to feel it irl to know for sure, but personally I wouldn't want to wear it wet.
    Sometimes a swimsuit is just a swimsuit. And sometimes it is a symbol as well.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sometimes a swimsuit is just a swimsuit. And sometimes it is a symbol as well.
    Most symbols are politically incorrect. In a time of freedom of speech and knowing what's going on, symbolism means almost as little as maggots invading day old garbage. Symbolism is antiquated form. I don't like symbolism.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't care so much about swimsuits as I do about them pushing for things like Sharia Law. But that may just be scare tactics in the UK media. I don't live there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Most symbols are politically incorrect. In a time of freedom of speech and knowing what's going on, symbolism means almost as little as maggots invading day old garbage. Symbolism is antiquated form. I don't like symbolism.
    A stop sign is a symbol. The alphabet consists of symbols. Mathematics consists of symbols. Written music consists of symbols.

I like you image of maggots invading old garbage - it is a striking symbol.

Your President symbolises your nation. Your motor car is a symbol of your social status. And dare I say even your boyfriend is a symbol of social status.

I am though sympathetic to your desire to abolish symbols. Sometimes I will go out and decide not to speak. It has a marked effect on me. Instead of seeing things in a symbolic way I start to see shapes and forms directly. I must admit I like it when this happens but I find it very hard to share with someone else.

It is very hard to describe to someone and almost impossible to get them to do it.