User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

MBTI
    INTP

This is taken from a documentary by Adam Curtis from 2004 called The Power of Nightmares, which you can watch online or burn it to DVD.

Edit: Lol at Rumsfeld's bullshit on Meet the Press in that segment.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    This is taken from a documentary by Adam Curtis from 2004 called The Power of Nightmares, which you can watch online or burn it to DVD.

Edit: Lol at Rumsfeld's bullshit on Meet the Press in that segment.
    ^ The above is actually a three part documentary and well worth the hours spent to watch it. I have actually watched it three times so far and continue to think about the symbiotic relationship that exists between "al Queda" (whether real or imagined group) and the neoconservatives. The history of both extremist factions feeding off of each other's energies and perverse goals is fascinating, and deadly.

I'm so glad you brought up the link for the documentary series; I can't say enough about how important it is for everyone to watch it.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    The history of both extremist factions feeding off of each other's energies and perverse goals is fascinating, and deadly.
    :rolli:

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    :rolli:

Have you seen the series? or are you so closeminded that you won't watch something not created by US media?
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post

Have you seen the series? or are you so closeminded that you won't watch something not created by US media?
    I see no need to watch a series that I already know de-legitimizes itself by proclaiming that the Soviet Union wasn't a threat during the Cold War, and that jihadist terrorism is not a threat now, and that al-Queda has never existed as a coherent terrorist organization. I can listen to arguments concerning whether, to what extent, and for what purpose either (existent) threat was exaggerated from more reputable sources. Incidentally, I was rolling my eyes at your apparent skepticism toward the existence of Al-Queda, as well as your opinion that "neo-conservatives" have goals as perverse as the Islamists.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Bunch of dipshit conspiracy theorists...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I see no need to watch a series that I already know de-legitimizes itself by proclaiming that the Soviet Union wasn't a threat during the Cold War, and that jihadist terrorism is not a threat now, and that al-Queda has never existed as a coherent terrorist organization. I can listen to arguments concerning whether, to what extent, and for what purpose either (existent) threat was exaggerated from more reputable sources. Incidentally, I was rolling my eyes at your apparent skepticism toward the existence of Al-Queda, as well as your opinion that "neo-conservatives" have goals as perverse as the Islamists.
    read From Yalta to Berlin. It is a a well done history of the cold war by a guy that lived through it and interactedwith many of the involved players. the soviet union was a threat, but an exaggerated one.

Oberon

Oh, so statuesquechica is a 'terrorism denier.'

Fascinating.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I watched that link and the whole premise has more holes than a block of swiss cheese. For example here's an obvious question. If Al Queda wasn't behind 9/11 then who was? The Keebler Elves?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com