User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm not saying that his depression justified his actions. He shouldn't have killed anybody, it was pointless IMO. But once you set that aside, you can begin to piece together certain parts of the situation, realize what motivated him, and how he was such a screwed up person, and perhaps even shed a hair of sympathy? Just maybe feel a bit bad for this deranged man? It's a sad story in general.
    No.
    Why should I care more about his life than he did?

We feel very sad for you when we read about it in the newspapers. We know it is just one example of your gun culture and there will be more and more and more.

And we are sad and nonplussed when you keep telling us that guns don't kill, people kill.

And we feel sad and annoyed when your National Rifle Association sends its propaganda over here to try to get us to join your gun culture.

But we are repulsed by your gun culture and feel sad for you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    No.
    Why should I care more about his life than he did?
    I'm not telling you to do anything. You can be as cold and narrow sighted as you want.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'm confused. So, the pain of one man justifies him taking the lives and injuring other people? It could be anyone he killed. Your own family or friends that just wanted to work out.
    he may of been in pain and that's very unfortunate but what about those lives he just took he seems to be of not a sound mind either.
    The news anchor said how he had hatred for women first of all that's not a healthy attitude to begin with in finding someone.
    I feel bad for the person inside who was looking for love but wow something drove him over the edge.
    Could there be deeper issues at stake? even though that doesn't take away the three innocent lives he took . Those poor families even his family.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    enfp

the difficulty he had with women was bc he pursued much younger girls

he was "that old creepy guy" to the girls

why couldn't he just go for women closer to his own age? he said that some young girl wanted to be his friend, so he felt less like killing a bunch of young girls.

so young girls are now supposed to talk to all balding old men or else they might die?

ridiculous

being lonely is sad and can cause someone to be crazy, but its crazy to want to think there is no other option than dating girls 25 years younger than you.

and thats the end.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    the difficulty he had with women was bc he pursued much younger girls

he was "that old creepy guy" to the girls

why couldn't he just go for women closer to his own age? he said that some young girl wanted to be his friend, so he felt less like killing a bunch of young girls.

so young girls are now supposed to talk to all balding old men or else they might die?

ridiculous

being lonely is sad and can cause someone to be crazy, but its crazy to want to think there is no other option than dating girls 25 years younger than you.
    He had psycho problems. It doesn't make sense but we have to realize it doesn't because he had a lot of problems.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp

He had psycho problems. It doesn't make sense but we have to realize it doesn't because he had a lot of problems.
    he could have gone after women his own age.

but he chose to go after girls 25 years younger than him.

he's not a multi millionaire. so why the heck would a girl that young want a guy that old? he should just accept that and move on. but he couldnt so i have no sympathy for his lonliness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I suspect some may be mixing up cause and effect here. I suspect this is not a case of a totally mentally healthy individual being driven to violence by rejection and loneliness. IMO, the women who rejected him likely got a sense of something off about him and decided not to allow him to pursue them. Of course it's also possible to have compassion for someone so clearly unbalanced. I will admit that I have more compassion for the people who did nothing to him but got shot because they belonged to a demographic that he had come to hate.

And although I don't think this needs to turn into another gun thread it is alarming to me how easy it is for people to get them and use them for this kind of purpose.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    he could have gone after women his own age.

but he chose to go after girls 25 years younger than him.

he's not a multi millionaire. so why the heck would a girl that young want a guy that old? he should just accept that and move on. but he couldnt so i have no sympathy for his lonliness.
    Agreed. I guess the details are shrouded in mystery.

MBTI
    INTP

...I don't care if he did kill...I genuinely feel deeply sorry for this man...
    you feel sorry for this (deranged) fellow, super.

what about the three (healthy) women who, through no fault of their own, are now dead?

don't get me wrong, there are valid reasons for killing another human being, but feeling sorry for oneself is not one of them. this man, suffering just the same as millions of others might be, instead of trying to (or continuning to) work through his problems, he chooses to murder.

this man deserves no respect, no pity, no sympathy. this is not a morally ambiguous area.

the lessons we might learn from this sorry sod are, however, worth noting: (1) don't ignore your feelings or bottle them up; (2) few things in life are worth killing over; (3) don't ignore your relationships, they provide effect emotional support; (4) and watch out for suicidal behavior, they just might take you with them.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.