User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Ghandi would be proud.

If the man had been loved in the first place, this would have been avoided. I am not saying what he did was right, just that I can understand the reasoning, as well as understand how much it would have taken to push a person to that limit.
    If he wanted to be loved so desperately then he should have volunteered at the boys club, or become big brother or gotten a dog. Dogs and kids have a great ability to love.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    He "had" to kill others?!

He didn't love himself and no amount of love from others will change that fact. Too many people look to other people for validation.
    So you think he was an evil man with bad intents? Real deep. I agree, he should rot in hell. Who cares if he was lonely and wasn't loved, right?

Man, have some soul. Look at why he did it. Maybe they weren't rational choices, but turn a few pages back and look at his life. Understand what may have driven him to do such things. It's sad, how would you like to be in his situation? 48 years old living alone, hardly any friends? Longing to have somebody to love? I bet you'd get pretty fucking messed up after a while.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

If he wanted to be loved so desperately then he should have volunteered at the boys club, or become big brother or gotten a dog. Dogs and kids have a great ability to love.
    You're only brushing the very tip of the psychological iceberg, aren't you?

Do you really think this man in a healthy state of mind picked up a gun one evening and wanted to go kill people and then himself?

He was probably pretty fucked up in the mind and didn't choose such actions lightly.

You don't honestly think those answers would heal him?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    So you think he was an evil man with bad intents? Real deep. I agree, he should rot in hell. Who cares if he was lonely and wasn't loved, right?

Man, have some soul. Look at why he did it. Maybe they weren't rational choices, but turn a few pages back and look at his life. Understand what may have driven him to do such things. It's sad, how would you like to be in his situation? 48 years old living alone, hardly any friends? Longing to have somebody to love? I bet you'd get pretty fucking messed up after a while.
    Yea, it was really deep to kill people he didn't even know.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm not minimizing it. It's terrible and an act of terror.

But take a step farther. Can you not feel any bit of sadness for the man? It must be an NF thing, but the ability of me to sympathize and feel sorry for this troubled and lonely guy is tremendous.
    there's all sorts of people i can feel sorry for.

he's 48 and he was pursuing younger women, seems like in their 20's. And he couldn't get the much younger girls, so he killed 3 and shot 9 of them.

I feel as sorry for him as I feel sorry for the Mexican hooker in Tijuana who has to charge 50 bucks, and feel sorry she can't charge more. But its not that much.

I mean, he could have just tried to meet a woman who is more in his age range.

He was 48. At what age exactly should people accept responsibility for their own lives?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yea, it was really deep to kill people he didn't even know.
    You think this man felt like killing people for the sake of killing people? You don't think he was upset? He was looking for women, there must have been a correlation.

But I'm not fucking arguing this anymore with you. It's a pointless argument and I give up. You obviously can't see past the fact that he killed three people, real smart and high of you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

He was 48. At what age exactly should people accept responsibility for their own lives?
    I'm not saying that his depression justified his actions. He shouldn't have killed anybody, it was pointless IMO. But once you set that aside, you can begin to piece together certain parts of the situation, realize what motivated him, and how he was such a screwed up person, and perhaps even shed a hair of sympathy? Just maybe feel a bit bad for this deranged man? It's a sad story in general.

Hey there is a serial killer in Rocky Mount killing black prostitutes. Maybe you could track him down and show him some love, I am sure that he has perfectly valid reasons for killing these women.
    Potential serial killer causes community to rally together - News |

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Hey there is a serial killer in Rocky Mount killing black prostitutes. Maybe you could track him down and show him some love, I am sure that he has perfectly valid reasons for killing these women.
    Potential serial killer causes community to rally together - News |
    What the fuck? You don't see at all where I'm coming from?
    Fuck it. This is a one way conversation. You obviously can't get past the fact that he killed 3 people.

INFJ my ass.

Feeling sorry for even those who have done wrong must be an NF thing. It's got to completely irrational, though.