User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I don't know why people don't take the people who need the love and care the most and give it to them. Society turns there back on so much, and it only comes back to hurt them.

I had family to love me and I know how heart wrenching it can be to feel unloved just by people around you.

[Add]: He can't be cold blooded if he did it out of feeling. He did it out of incredible sadness and loneliness.
    People don't look beneath the surface.

Feeling unloved is one of the worst feelings ever. It can turn you against loving yourself.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    He might not have had a bad heart to start with, but he seems to have developed one. If he had simply committed suicide, I would feel sorry for him...but he chose to destroy the lives of others, so I choose not to indulge that impulse. Its better to channel that empathic impulse toward social outcasts who have not crossed that line.
    Not crossed that line yet.

How do you help one who has not crossed the line?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

Feeling unloved is one of the worst feelings ever. It can turn you against loving yourself.
    And again, once you don't love yourself, I start losing the feeling of the purpose. If I didn't love myself, I have no idea what I would do.

This is one of the why I am not a jerk to people in my school who appear to be outcasts (besides the fact that that would be impolite, and I am above petty high school exclusions).
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INxJ

How many people in this thread are negating the man was in great pain? He may have been a saint, but that doesn't excuse him murdering people.

This was an act of a vile hateful person. If there is a hell I hope he rots, I hope his rejections continue to infinity.

Where is the love for the true victims here? The true victims are those he murdered and their families, the injured and the witnesses.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Not crossed that line yet.

How do you help one who has not crossed the line?
    Not everyone with his life experiences would have murdered innocent people (and yes, I'm aware that some people with his life experiences would have resorted to murder-suicide far earlier).

As for the rest, what you are doing in school is a good start.
    Last edited by lowtech redneck; 08-06-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: mispelled word

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's sad that he had to kill 3 others. I'm not saying it wasn't.

But I feel terribly sorry for him. He had less malicious intents that we think. But we can't think about it, because we don't know. Why try to rationalize the situation? He lacked love and was alone. What better of a reason? Those things can drive you off a cliff.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    This was an act of a vile hateful person. If there is a hell I hope he rots, I hope his rejections continue to infinity.

Where is the love for the true victims here? The true victims are those he murdered and their families, the injured and the witnesses.
    Ghandi would be proud.

If the man had been loved in the first place, this would have been avoided. I am not saying what he did was right, just that I can understand the reasoning, as well as understand how much it would have taken to push a person to that limit.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Not everyone with his life experiences would have murdered innocent people (and yes, I'm aware that some people with his life experiences would have resorted to murder-suicide far earlier).

As for the rest, what you are doing in school is a good start.
    I think this is where insanity comes in.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    How many people in this thread are negating the man was in great pain? He may have been a saint, but that doesn't excuse him murdering people.
    I'm not minimizing it. It's terrible and an act of terror.

But take a step farther. Can you not feel any bit of sadness for the man? It must be an NF thing, but the ability of me to sympathize and feel sorry for this troubled and lonely guy is tremendous.

It's sad that he had to kill 3 others. I'm not saying it wasn't.

But I feel terribly sorry for him. He had less malicious intents that we think. But we can't think about it, because we don't know. Why try to rationalize the situation? He lacked love and was alone. What better of a reason? Those things can drive you off a cliff.
    He "had" to kill others?!

He didn't love himself and no amount of love from others will change that fact. Too many people look to other people for validation.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

It is sad he came down to killing 3 others, I don't think he necessarily had to.