• J, No Vegetarian

13 24.07%
  • P, No Vegetarian

21 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 34567 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    ...I think it's important not just to eat whatever.
    So THAT's what happened to her... I had been wondering!

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Rational vegetarian reporting in. Getting ready for this thread to get gritty and dirty once people get defensive.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Oberon

I'd like to state for the record that I have ZERO problems with people making their own food choices, reasonable or not. It's their business and not mine, period. As long as they extend the same understanding to me about my food choices, we'll get along great.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I'd like to state for the record that I have ZERO problems with people making their own food choices, reasonable or not. It's their business and not mine, period. As long as they extend the same understanding to me about my food choices, we'll get along great.
    If only others were as level-headed as you. I've mentioned my vegetarianism as a fact when people have asked me why I don't want to eat meat in a given scenario (going out to lunch), and all too often do I suddenly get grilled (no pun intended) about my dietary beliefs, and they get defensive about theirs.

Classic INTP moment:
    Them: "Well, I don't really have a problem with eating meat, but I've never really considered it... you know, it would really be hard to not eat meat, and I like the taste so... And really weren't humans designed to eat meat? I mean look at our teeth. Cows are pretty stupid, I mean I like dogs and pets but some animals are better off just being tasty........."
    Me: *looking into the distance, gritting teeth, not saying anything, and thinking "why is it that you assume that I fucking care what you think?"*

Of course, were they to probe me gently with a question or two out of pure curiosity, I would gladly provide my reasoning behind vegetarianism, but that's rarely the case...
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    If only others were as level-headed as you. I've mentioned my vegetarianism as a fact when people have asked me why I don't want to eat meat in a given scenario (going out to lunch), and all too often do I suddenly get grilled (no pun intended) about my dietary beliefs, and they get defensive about theirs.

Classic INTP moment:
    Them: "Well, I don't really have a problem with eating meat, but I've never really considered it... you know, it would really be hard to not eat meat, and I like the taste so... And really weren't humans designed to eat meat? I mean look at our teeth. Cows are pretty stupid, I mean I like dogs and pets but some animals are better off just being tasty........."
    Me: *looking into the distance, gritting teeth, not saying anything, and thinking "why is it that you assume that I fucking care what you think?"*

Of course, were they to probe me gently with a question or two out of pure curiosity, I would gladly provide my reasoning behind vegetarianism, but that's rarely the case...

You'd get pissed off listening to someone talking about why they like meat? That seems really petty.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

He's right. Enjoying delicious food is a sign of high intelligence and refinement. For fortunate human beings like us who have food on demand, I think it's important not just to eat whatever.
    Sorry. This reeks of pretentiousness to me. Enjoying delicious food has nothing to do with intelligence and refinement.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

You'd get pissed off listening to someone talking about why they like meat? That seems really petty.
    The point is someone offering unsolicited comments and critiques are something that vegetarians/vegans are constantly plagued with. The fact that we always have to defend our positions for no reason. There was already a thread about it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ne-thanks.html

I don't care what anyone eats, why should they care what I eat?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*raises glass* Here here.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    The point is someone offering unsolicited comments and critiques are something that vegetarians/vegans are constantly plagued with. The fact that we always have to defend our positions for no reason. There was already a thread about it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ne-thanks.html

I don't care what anyone eats, why should they care what I eat?

If you mention vegetarianism, you don't think it's normal for someone to talk about their own omnivorism? That seems odd to me.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

If you mention vegetarianism, you don't think it's normal for someone to talk about their own omnivorism? That seems odd to me.
    In that context, you are correct. It often doesn't happen in that context though. Either way, this is not really worth getting into... It's not a big deal.