• P, No Vegetarian

21 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Mmm...I'm hungry...I could go for a vegetarian or two.

I'll join you. We can call it a date.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Metaphours, you may find this more relevant than a poll on this forum as it is a bigger sample.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP

I usually only eat meat once per day. I've tried going full vegetarian a couple times but I wind up feeling sickly and anemic. Plus with this new running I've been needing even more calories than usual, so there is no way. I would turn into a wraith.

This thread reminds me of an article I read earlier today-- Apparently, eating a low-calorie, high-nutrient diet can reduce the effects of aging.

The Curious Case Of Caloric Restriction | Science & Technology | Chemical & Engineering News

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Metaphours, you may find this more relevant than a poll on this forum as it is a bigger sample.
    lol, MBTI noobz.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

^That is a better sample size, but it probably suffers from what most internet polls suffer from, an abundance of NFs and NTs.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

haven't consumed (knowingly) poultry or red meat since i was 8, 11 years ago. i had to make the concession of eating fish to calm the nerves of my anxious mother. i still love a good smoked salmon, or salmon sushi. could do without, though. and have. in fact i go days without eggs or dairy or other animal products.
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INTP

Why would I want to turn eating into a daily chore, rather than a pleasure?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Why would I want to turn eating into a daily chore, rather than a pleasure?
    Considering your username, I'm not surprised you gave that answer.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm quasi-veg, meaning that I eat less meat that the average American and can go days or weeks and one time even went months without eating meat. It's healthier to eat less meat. It's a relatively recent development to have meat as many times per day as present day Americans do. I try to buy organic and free range when I can, because I also don't think it's okay to torture animals if I am going to choose to eat them.

Vegetarianism is pretty silly if you live on cheese pizza and chocolate bars, but I still don't understand the anger towards it. The anger towards vegetarianism doesn't make any sense at all to me. In the grocery store the other day I saw where someone had placed a bunch of containers of raw hamburger and pork in a portable cooler that held vegetarian meals. Why? What's the point in that? Maybe it was a teenager rebelling for the hell of it, but I also see an awful lot of adults who have a misplaced desire to torture vegetarians.
    Wondered about this one myself. I call it the "SMUG EFFECT"....

*sound echos, picture fades to demonstration*

Has anybody have known someone who owned a hybrid, especially when they first came out?

Those hybrid owners, as best illustrated on South Park, were stereotypically arrogant and full of themselves because they were being friendly to the environment and felt like they had a reason to feel they were better than everyone else.

Of course not all hybrid owners are arrogant snobs. Just like not all Vegans are pasty-faced social mal-contents who believe that Mother Earth has elevated them on a higher plain of existence because of their "moral" choice not to butcher the animals.

For you, it just might be a dietary choice, having nothing to do with your self-worth or ego. You are the true victims in the backlash of normal people against smug. For that, I apologize for those who would catch you in the crossfire. I actually believe that's a pretty healthy way to live, so more power to the vegeable eaters!
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ You're so right. I hate it when people (celebrities do this a lot) just indulge in vegetarianism as a form of Elitism.