13 24.07%
  • P, No Vegetarian

21 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Being a vegetarian is so cliche these days. It seems like every single teenage girl who is trying to save the earth by becoming a vegetarian. Give me a break!

I see it as a trend.

But, there are rational reasons to actually become a vegetarian.

1) Health issues.
    2) If you truly are against eating meat, and think it will make a difference.
    3) If you really don't like the taste of it and/or are sickened out by it.
    4) If you'd like to become healthier. Meat isn't too healthy (especially red meat).

Other than these three reasons, I don't see why people would choose to become one. It doesn't make you unique, there are a billion other granola eating-tofu chewing-Birkenstock wearing new age yuppies out there. You just look like a fucking idiot.

MEAT ALL THE WAY!!!

- a real american.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ that picture right there pretty much sums up why I never want to return to the states ever. (and its not because of the meat fyi)

but i agree vegetarianism is quite a cliche, but I still enjoy being one. it's considerably healthier than eating meat considering all the steroids they shoot up the cows with nowadays.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    ^ that picture right there pretty much sums up why I never want to return to the states ever. (and its not because of the meat fyi)

but i agree vegetarianism is quite a cliche, but I still enjoy being one. it's considerably healthier than eating meat considering all the steroids they shoot up the cows with nowadays.
    LOL, yeah. I was incorporating a bit of sarcasm in to prove my point. I really don't find any truth behind vegetarianism in a lot of people.

But it sounds like you actually have a reason to be one, so I respect that.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Do bad hair and cowboy hats offend you that much?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Do bad hair and cowboy hats offend you that much?
    no it's not that, i was saying that in more of an allegorical sense, the only reason OneWithSoul gets it is because i explained my life story to him one day

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm quasi-veg, meaning that I eat less meat that the average American and can go days or weeks and one time even went months without eating meat. It's healthier to eat less meat. It's a relatively recent development to have meat as many times per day as present day Americans do. I try to buy organic and free range when I can, because I also don't think it's okay to torture animals if I am going to choose to eat them.

Vegetarianism is pretty silly if you live on cheese pizza and chocolate bars, but I still don't understand the anger towards it. The anger towards vegetarianism doesn't make any sense at all to me. In the grocery store the other day I saw where someone had placed a bunch of containers of raw hamburger and pork in a portable cooler that held vegetarian meals. Why? What's the point in that? Maybe it was a teenager rebelling for the hell of it, but I also see an awful lot of adults who have a misplaced desire to torture vegetarians.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

being vegetarian allows me to eat more food, and more frequently, in a day. if that's not american, i don't know what is!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm vegan for health reasons.
    Oh my... We've got to get you to the Udupi Cafe, Pink. You can eat most of the stuff on their menu.

Oberon

Interesting.

I don't think that eating red meat, even in large quantities, is intrinsically unhealthy all by itself. In combination with other lifestyle factors it may be bad. On the other hand, the Inuit lived on meat, fat, and fish almost exclusively for a very long time, and were not particularly unhealthy because of it.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Vegetarians anyone?
    Mmm...I'm hungry...I could go for a vegetarian or two.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"