User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    No excuses. We didn't give Bush any, and Obama won't get any, either.
    I wouldn't fault a politician for being pragmatic. The first 2 years of his presidency will most likely to focused on the economy and health care, as they should be. Cleaning up Bush-era policy disasters takes time.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I wouldn't fault a politician for being pragmatic. The first 2 years of his presidency will most likely to focused on the economy and health care, as they should be. Cleaning up Bush-era policy disasters takes time.

I will. The president can't fix the economy, and health care is going to be a boondoggle. Cleaning up bad policy should be first on his agenda. Particularly the things he can fix with the stroke of a pen.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, theoretical abstract shit should be so much more important than the lives of real, actual people.

Not.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yes, theoretical abstract shit should be so much more important than the lives of real, actual people.

Not.

What are you talking about? Illegal wiretaps, unconstitutional imprisonment of people, and a federal budget deficit that is threatening to spiral completely out of control aren't important? They affect the whole country.

MBTI
    ESFJ

BTW, way to be a hypocrite. You were singing a different tune about domestic spying ten months ago.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post364891

ajblaise: They claim they won't eavesdrop....geezus.

I guess satellite imagery is bound to become more of a mainstay in the surveillance world. I just hope their program won't be ridiculously extensive. Like spying on anti-war Mommy protest groups..

MBTI
    INTP

BTW, way to be a hypocrite. You were singing a different tune about domestic spying ten months ago.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post364891

ajblaise: They claim they won't eavesdrop....geezus.

I guess satellite imagery is bound to become more of a mainstay in the surveillance world. I just hope their program won't be ridiculously extensive. Like spying on anti-war Mommy protest groups..
    It's not what he should be spending his political capitol on right now. I'd give him by the end of his first term to reform or reverse a lot of the neoconservative and hawkish policies left over from Bush.

MBTI
    ESFJ

It's not what he should be spending his political capitol on right now. I'd give him by the end of his first term to reform or reverse a lot of the neoconservative and hawkish policies left over from Bush.

Why not? If Bush was so bad (and I think we agree that he was), why wouldn't you first fix the worst things about your predecessor's administration? You'd think that he would address the issues on which he is weak, like the deficit. The Dems also have some scandals to smooth over.

And it's "political capital."

MBTI
    INTP

Why not? If Bush was so bad (and I think we agree that he was), why wouldn't you first fix the worst things about your predecessor's administration? You'd think that he would address the issues on which he is weak, like the deficit. The Dems also have some scandals to smooth over.

And it's "political capital."
    Looks like he's putting pragmaticism over ideology.

When the recession is over, liberal foreign policy reform will probably get more attention.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

The "Birther Movement" is a thinly-veiled attempt to pander to racism in this country. There is no validity to the argument that his birth certificate is not authentic. It is a shameful waste of time for members of Congress to even consider during this time of economic and healthcare crises.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    The "Birther Movement" is a thinly-veiled attempt to pander to racism in this country. There is no validity to the argument that his birth certificate is not authentic. It is a shameful waste of time for members of Congress to even consider during this time of economic and healthcare crises.

Personally, I think it's great if Congress is distracted. 90% of the time, the less they do, the better.