User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about same-sex marriage?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • E, yes

13 21.67%
  • I, yes

29 48.33%
  • S, yes

8 13.33%
  • iN, Yes

37 61.67%
  • T, Yes

24 40.00%
  • F, Yes

16 26.67%
  • J, Yes

16 26.67%
  • P, Yes

21 35.00%
  • E, no

1 1.67%
  • I, no

9 15.00%
  • S, no

3 5.00%
  • iN, no

9 15.00%
  • T, no

7 11.67%
  • F, no

5 8.33%
  • J, no

7 11.67%
  • P, no

5 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Same-Sex Marriage

This has probably been done before, but I just wanted to see how people felt about the issue. Also, feel free to write your opinion on the matter. I for one completely support gay marriage and am totally for the LGBT cause.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's utter nonsense that it's even an issue...antiquated, uncivilized and borderline barbaric....who the hell are we or anyone else to say two people can't marry if they want to....ridiculous.

edit:
    i mean really...some states will allow an 80 year old man to marry a 15 year old girl but not allow two mature people of the same gender? and...some states will even allow a brother to marry his sister....because what?? that is considered more holy? more in keeping with american family values? what the hell kind of logic is that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Crap, I added Feeling twice... And as I can't edit a poll, just ignore it or treat it as if it were Perceiving.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think it's utter nonsense that it's even an issue...antiquated, uncivilized and borderline barbaric....who the hell are we or anyone else to say two people can't marry if they want to....ridiculous.
    i agree completely

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    +1.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'd really like to hear some logical reasons as to why is illegal in a lot of places.

I'm serious, I can't think of one single reason why it would be. It's crazy.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'd really like to hear some logical reasons as to why is illegal in a lot of places.

I'm serious, I can't think of one single reason why it would be. It's crazy.
    Mainly because of religious traditionalism, although religious people who don't support gay marriage almost never seem to give a good answer as to why the don't. It's always the same BS about protecting the family or something, which is totally wrong and prejudice, because it's not like theres a clan of gay people who want to run around and murder the oh so innocent families.

Sniffles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Marriage is supposed to represent a binding contract of love. In our society, we have given social and legal benefits to this "love" (or rather "partnership") contract. As long as the government and the law simultaneously grants these benefits to married couples and denies same-sex marriage then they (the government) is totally discriminatory. The government is supposed to uphold the rights of the people. Who are they to say who can love whom? What gives anyone the right to deny the expression of love between anyone?

I totally agree with this:

(and yes, this topic has been done before)
    EDIT: As peguy points out.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Mainly because of religious traditionalism, although religious people who don't support gay marriage almost never seem to give a good answer as to why the don't. It's always the same BS about protecting the family or something, which is totally wrong and prejudice, because it's not like theres a clan of gay people who want to run around and murder the oh so innocent families.
    But if it's the law, don't they have to explain why? Religious traditionalism is a ridiculous excuse, in my opinion.

There are too many close minded people out there.